• Help Support TNDeer:

Stand Help

htnseymour

Not that familiar with anything but a ladder stand. Got a new property to hunt and I can leave one stand, but any other has to be removed after I hunt. Suggestions? I haven't ever really used a climber.
Thanks

Possibly a tree saddle.

I've never used one personally, but Poser and a few others on here sure do like them.

Maybe they will offer up some insight.

Get a climbing stand now and as said, practice withit. As to the brand, get whatever suits you. Summit is a great stand. However, there are others that may suit you better. The key is, match you requirements to your budget and for sure, go practice with it until you are 100% comfortable with it.

I have a climbing stand I would sell. But>>>it is not for the beginner. It is an early Quick and Quiet and I love it but it could only be used by someone experienced with climbing stands and good upper body strength. I can no longer use it.

I live in Sevierville. Would he happy to show you a Treewalker and a Summit. Let you climb with each and show you some tips.

Just let me know. Your trees or mine. Last, like everyone else says, wear a harness.

Not sure of your set up or terrain you are hunting but don't overlook hunting from the ground too. I have a good summit but only use it once or twice a year and only when I have to. A good ground blind out of branches can work too.

Many good climbing stand choices out there, look around and get what suits you best! I also recommend one of the lighter and cooler harness, such as the Gorilla model!

htnseymour said:
Not that familiar with anything but a ladder stand. Got a new property to hunt and I can leave one stand, but any other has to be removed after I hunt. Suggestions? I haven't ever really used a climber.
Thanks

I've got a couple different style of Summit climbers and a TreeSaddle. They each serve their purpose. If you're interested, we could meet up and you could try them to see what suits you best. I may even let you talk me out of one of the Summits for cheap, or even the TreeSaddle for not very cheap, actually downright expensive.

I live in Maryville, so it's close by.

Latest posts

Back