• Help Support TNDeer:

Strike indicators

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
In case you were wondering there are none of these in existence for sale on the internet. :bash:

You were definitely right scn LOL

Attachments

• bobbers.jpg
    bobbers.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,169
I use Trout Magnet bobbers or a homemade copy of a New Zealand Yarn Indicator. There's no way I'm paying what they want just to call it a "strike indicator".

gtk":3ne5smao said:
out here, bass pro has several diff kinds of strike indicators in their trout fishing dept

I am looking for that one in particular, with the o ring and nut.
I really like those.

i've been using one that's a little Styrofoam ball that you slip a loop of line thru, then put a rubber band thru the loop, and pull the loop back thru.. works great and is easily adjustable

gtk":3vne1y6p said:
i've been using one that's a little Styrofoam ball that you slip a loop of line thru, then put a rubber band thru the loop, and pull the loop back thru.. works great and is easily adjustable

that the same principle of what i posted above. ive been trying to figure out how to do it with a styrofoam bobber.

so what keeps the rubber band in place or is the rubber band big enough to hold it in place by friction?

the rubber band is pulled back thru the cork just far enough to keep the line from slipping.

the line is looped and pushed thru the cork.

a strip of rubber band is placed thru the loop

the loop is pulled back thru the cork until the rubber band starts showing thru the other side. Basically the rubber band now forums the loop and the line runs straight thru, and there is just enough friction to keep from slipping

gtk, dude if i ever make it out to colorado im buying you a cowboy ribeye. the rubber band idea is better than sliced bread even on mr crappie slip floats. i dont care for twine slip floats because well they slip. gonna add this to my float and fly for bluegills suspended over bluffs and creek channels.

Attachments

• 133CC7AE-8296-4C45-B31C-8216262B8B56.jpeg
    133CC7AE-8296-4C45-B31C-8216262B8B56.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,017
peytoncreekhunter":3ker56p4 said:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-live-bait-floater

I use these fly fishing. I run the line through it and I break off a piece of a toothpick and wedge it in the hole with the line. As you need to you can adjust the depth that you want the fly to run by pulling the toothpick and slipping the floater/indicator up or down the line.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I use the same ones. In these mountain streams I go from a foot deep riffle to a eight foot deep pool. I like the ease of adjusting the depth to wherever I need it quickly.

Ruger, the company quit making the ones like we have and have gone to a similar style made of a foam that will be environmentally friendly and breakdown overtime. Still got the o ring,and slot,and nut. You can find some knock-offs on ebay but looks just a little different on nut area.

I wish for a few days this summer like the first time I ever saw one of those little air lock indicators. Yall caught more trout than we could count. :party:

Latest posts

Back