• Help Support TNDeer:

Strike indicators

CATCHDAWG":2lyml5vq said:
peytoncreekhunter":2lyml5vq said:
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-live-bait-floater

I use these fly fishing. I run the line through it and I break off a piece of a toothpick and wedge it in the hole with the line. As you need to you can adjust the depth that you want the fly to run by pulling the toothpick and slipping the floater/indicator up or down the line.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I use the same ones. In these mountain streams I go from a foot deep riffle to a eight foot deep pool. I like the ease of adjusting the depth to wherever I need it quickly.
Yes these are very easy to use and adjust the depth.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

WTM":n0t6i66d said:
gtk, dude if i ever make it out to colorado im buying you a cowboy ribeye. the rubber band idea is better than sliced bread even on mr crappie slip floats.
Glad it worked for ya :) Quite a simple idea isn't it ? just think, sometime not so long ago, a fisherman just like yourself had a need, then had an idea to put his line thru a cork and pull a rubber band thru it . Then he marketed it , and is now prob making a good profit :)

the trout out here seem to get skittish, and often i have to use a strike indicator that is very small. the one i'm using now is smaller than a marble and barley floats with a midge/attractor.

RUGER":324d7fcz said:
In case you were wondering there are none of these in existence for sale on the internet. :bash:

You were definitely right scn LOL

Send me your address..... I think I have a dozen in the drift boat and obviously won't be using them for a month or more.

Or try THE FLY SHOP , Redding CA. IF they don't have them nobody does. Tell them the big guy from TN sent ya!!! I called. They have the THING A MA BOBBERS, but are waiting on the AIR LOCKS.

woodyard":11l4yrvz said:
I wish for a few days this summer like the first time I ever saw one of those little air lock indicators. Yall caught more trout than we could count. :party:

That was an epic trip for sure.
Learned alot that day, mostly that scn has the patience of Job.
I would have threw me out of the boat if I caused myself as much headache as I did him. :rotf:

7mm08":1h7eft42 said:
RUGER":1h7eft42 said:
In case you were wondering there are none of these in existence for sale on the internet. :bash:

You were definitely right scn LOL

Send me your address..... I think I have a dozen in the drift boat and obviously won't be using them for a month or more.

Or try THE FLY SHOP , Redding CA. IF they don't have them nobody does. Tell them the big guy from TN sent ya!!! I called. They have the THING A MA BOBBERS, but are waiting on the AIR LOCKS.

That's awful nice of ya man.
I still have 3 left.
I lost one the other day but spent a little over 30 minutes casting and bumping it with another float till I finally was able to get it back. :rotf:

RUGER":1ks81don said:
woodyard":1ks81don said:
I wish for a few days this summer like the first time I ever saw one of those little air lock indicators. Yall caught more trout than we could count. :party:

I would have threw me out of the boat if I caused myself as much headache as I did him. :rotf:

I learned that when you have a "guide" like Terry that knows most every rock and shoal in several miles of river that catching fish can be easy. He did all of the work to let you and me catch a pile of fish. It was a special trip!

scn":3pw73zrf said:
RUGER":3pw73zrf said:
woodyard":3pw73zrf said:

I learned that when you have a "guide" like Terry that knows most every rock and shoal in several miles of river that catching fish can be easy. He did all of the work to let you and me catch a pile of fish. It was a special trip!

I'm ready to go back. :D
I still want a net like you have too. LOL

I have found yarn to be much better as far as normal to skinny water is concerned. Heavy bobbers/floats spook too many fish. I do use a TM float at higher water flows. Fly South sells a treated yarn that is fabulous. One tub will last the average person several years.

I have been using these for some time, I've tried others but these work the best for me. I can rig them to hold at a certain depth, or let them slide up and down the line (my preference ). When I fished out in CO some years ago, I didn't use a float of any kind, just the smallest bite-on weight I could get, a few inches above a fly, eggs, or trout lure. I'd let it run down the river using my hand on the line to feel for the strike. But it's been years since I fished the Colorado, so may need to use something else to help nowadays. Never did any traditional fly fishing, but never went home empty handed with regular fishing gear.

These seem priced a bit high IMO, but it's been some time since I had to purchase any.
https://www.amazon.com/thkfish-Fishing-Bobbers-Crappie-Walleyes/dp/B074PNL7WD
61u4lXTyiHL._AC_SL1481_.jpg

Latest posts

Back