• Help Support TNDeer:

Striper madness

Treestand Troubadour

Haven't had time to report but the striper have been on fire the past month. From Boone lake up into watauga and south holston rivers, also below Boone dam in Patrick henry. My favorite is the river fish though. We have caught good numbers and dome good size, 2 over 30lbs so far. Haven't had any monsters yet, but did have a few clients break off a couple fish that id love to seen on the scales. Haven't caught any of streamers yet, but have turned several. Let's see what the rest of the season has in store.

It's been two weeks since I fished fph, but yes the hybrids, stripes, and Brown's were still biting. Yes mudbone I guide for striper, trout, river smallmouth. About anything except for crappie.

I fished a charity bluegill tournament on FPH lake out of warriors park sat and the shad were everywhere. Sounded like it was raining around the docks at the marina at daylight. We ran up the lake and the further up the lake we went the browner the water got. Looked copper or bronze. Have you heard of anyone catching walleye out of FPH? They stocked some for a few years but haven't heard of anyone catching any.

Back