• Help Support TNDeer:

Striper season

Dbllunger

Got out for a little striper fishing yesterday afternoon for the first time this year. The setup is baitcaster reel with 17 pound mono fishing Cotton Cordell 7" redfin lures. Cast to the bank and slow retrieve. The rockfish just can't resist the wobble of those big lures. I managed 4 hookups yesterday afternoon with 3 fish landed. None were big, all 11 pounds on the money. Still, it was a lot of fun fighting them. Hopefully the big boys (30#+) will show up soon.

This type of fishing has to be one of my all time favorites. Big fish, big fight.

Good deal, is the water still flowing pretty good? Might could take my boat up there if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorite ways to fish.

It's been proven through history that women's a mystery! Popeye

Bout got my river boat ready. Can't wait to get up there.

Cat, holler at me and we will get after em again. It's been a while.

I would love to do that one day.
The only time I have ever fished for them it was below the dam at Pickwick and we were trolling Mann's 20+ & 30+ crankbaits.
Not exactly what I consider "fishing".
Would love to tangle with them on regular gear.

RUGER":3usn9vgt said:
Would love to tangle with them on regular gear.

It is definitely a fight. You have to have a good and proper set drag and know when to fight and know when to just hang on. Also maneuvering the boat away from the bank and obstacles to try and keep them in deep water until they are manageable. Great adrenaline rush.

Headhunter":1s5j24b4 said:
Cumberland river is a great place to start.

I agree , I caught several around 20lbs using cut shad and just fishing for anything in western Montgomery county.

I've also caught several by the plant in Cumberland city targeting them. Fun fish to catch.

Mudbone":2vt53j9f said:
Bout got my river boat ready. Can't wait to get up there.

Cat, holler at me and we will get after em again. It's been a while.
it has been a while need to get out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back