• Help Support TNDeer:

Sunday Funday

bowhunterfanatic

Scouted around on the TN river for a few hours Saturday looking for sauger. Found some fish but not a concentration of the size fish I was looking for. Ended up with 8 keepers and a few short fish. Did the same thing Sunday morning, with even worse results, then decided to heck with the scouting, time to just go catch a few and try to salvage the day. Headed back to the best spot I'd found Saturday and spent roughly 6 hours fishing. It was pretty slow most of the day but one special float ended with 7 fish, all keepers. Caught number 20 around 4:05 and called it a day.

How do they taste ? Comparison ?
I've caught 1 on the Cumberland catfishing, atleast I think thats what it was!

Wow!! Great job! Those look like good ones!! What is considered big for sauger? I thought they were wintertime fish? All I know is they taste great!! Only caught a couple before but have eaten em plenty. Better than crappie if u ask me.

Mudbone":2339azed said:
Wow!! Great job! Those look like good ones!! What is considered big for sauger? I thought they were wintertime fish? All I know is they taste great!! Only caught a couple before but have eaten em plenty. Better than crappie if u ask me.

For the most part they are a wintertime fish. They'll spawn in the next couple weeks, then the game is pretty much over until next year. Anything 3 lbs and up is considered big in my book. Our yearly tournament is Saturday so I was hoping to find a group of bigger females bunched up somewhere but never found them. I'll look for a while again tomorrow Lord willing.

Latest posts

Back