• Help Support TNDeer:

Takahiro Omori

Spurhunter

Just watched the "World Championship" that aired Saturday on CBS. I've always liked Takahiro Omori, but ALL respect I had for him is GONE. I hope he never catches another fish.

Conversely I gained even more respect for Mike Iaconelli.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Takahiro Omori

4 guys fishing the final. Wheeler is lapping the field. He has almost 30 pounds and the other 3 have barely a fish. Takahiro goes looking obviously for Wheeler. Pulls in right on top of him. I'm pretty sure his boat bumped Wheeler's once. Aaron Martens comes in there right on top of them. Ike pulls in and he's like "this isn't right. I'll go find my own fish." Wheeler gets tired of being fished right on top of in his spot so he leaves. Gives his spot to Takahiro and Martens. He goes looking for new water because those 2 asshats horned in and basically pushed him out of his spot. Takahiro was all happy acting like he'd really figured it out everytime he caught a fish. Wheeler went and found new water and smoked them. Martens sort of stayed back a little but Tak had no shame in banging boats with Wheeler in Wheeler's spot. Just low down, selfish greed. He couldn't find fish on his own so he went looking for Jacob.

Spurhunter":159kubnr said:
4 guys fishing the final. Wheeler is lapping the field. He has almost 30 pounds and the other 3 have barely a fish. Takahiro goes looking obviously for Wheeler. Pulls in right on top of him. I'm pretty sure his boat bumped Wheeler's once. Aaron Martens comes in there right on top of them. Ike pulls in and he's like "this isn't right. I'll go find my own fish." Wheeler gets tired of being fished right on top of in his spot so he leaves. Gives his spot to Takahiro and Martens. He goes looking for new water because those 2 asshats horned in and basically pushed him out of his spot. Takahiro was all happy acting like he'd really figured it out everytime he caught a fish. Wheeler went and found new water and smoked them. Martens sort of stayed back a little but Tak had no shame in banging boats with Wheeler in Wheeler's spot. Just low down, selfish greed. He couldn't find fish on his own so he went looking for Jacob.

Pitiful,

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

I never really cared for him.
If they aren't hitting a zara spook he normally can't catch squat.

I like fishing but I am not keen on other fisherman. That happens all the time, from the major power players fishing for big checks down to the weekend anglers fishing for fun. I remember several feuds and altercations over the years. Ike and Van Dam got into it at Chickamauga a few years ago for both of them fishing a community hole. Bass fisherman are bad about it. But I think trout fishermen are worse. With ultra clear electronics that can reveal all these new places to fish, anglers still rely on the eyeballs to find most of their spots....aka stalking other people that are catching fish and crowding them out. We learned at early ages that even if you have a fish hooked up, to not let passing boats or cars see that you are. If you do, then you'll have a hundred people camped out on your spot. If you frequent the Chattanooga Fishing forum, you'll know this already. But most of those guys will post big fish pictures and will blacken out the background because there are so many that use social media and forums to try and pinpoint the location of the spots by picking out things in the background.

I heard some of the pros talking about this last week.

Most of them basically said it was a real small body of water and Wheeler had found the one good spot. They acknowledged they would be frustrated, but none really had a problem with what Tak or the others did due to the size of the place being fished.

None of them made it sound like they were close enough to be rubbing rails though. I never saw any video of the event.

TNReb":kcljcahp said:

Most of them basically said it was a real small body of water and Wheeler had found the one good spot. They acknowledged they would be frustrated, but none really had a problem with what Tak or the others did due to the size of the place being fished.

None of them made it sound like they were close enough to be rubbing rails though. I never saw any video of the event.
I'm almost positive I saw Tak's boat bump Wheeler's boat. That's how close he got. Ike left to go find his own fish. Aaron stayed back at a respectable distance. Even Wheeler left HIS own spot to find other fish. And he did. Tak was ridiculous. I wish I had saved it on DVR. Other pros might say they don't have a problem with it because they would do the same thing. It was totally classless.

Spurhunter":3rjyimsd said:
TNReb":3rjyimsd said:

I'm almost positive I saw Tak's boat bump Wheeler's boat. That's how close he got. Ike left to go find his own fish. Aaron stayed back at a respectable distance. Even Wheeler left HIS own spot to find other fish. And he did. Tak was ridiculous. I wish I had saved it on DVR. Other pros might say they don't have a problem with it because they would do the same thing. It was totally classless.

Like I said ... I didn't see it. I guess the guys I listened to were just trying not to ruffle any feathers.

TNReb":250g28da said:
Like I said ... I didn't see it. I guess the guys I listened to were just trying not to ruffle any feathers.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Tak. I used to really like him. Especially because he's funny. But when another guy makes the right move and figures it out I think it's pretty crappy to go look for him and move in on his spot.

here is the championship on youtube. the issue started at 14 and continues to about 25. wheeler seems like an outstanding dude. he kind of figured out that those guys were watching the updates to try to figure out his spot. still, not cool in my opinion and no better than pole bender groupie.

that lake is 8000 acres and the spot they were fishing was a backwater connected by a canal and about 10 acres.

https://youtu.be/PuJ8s9HKhiY

I watched it this weekend. I also thought it was a big time dirt bag move. The tournament was pretty much out of reach before he even crept in there. If it were me I would have kept my integrity rather than fish for 2nd. He also could have handled it better while still getting back there. In my opinion he could have asked if and where he could fish in that area that wasn't pushing the original angler out. I personally don't mind if a boat fishes close when they pass by and ask where they can fish without messing me up. This used to happen on the regular salt water fishing, not sure why it doesn't here.

It was a major mistake to have the championship on a small body of water. As Roland Martin would say, 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water.

Shooter33":zuqhduxr said:
I watched it this weekend. I also thought it was a big time dirt bag move. The tournament was pretty much out of reach before he even crept in there. If it were me I would have kept my integrity rather than fish for 2nd. He also could have handled it better while still getting back there. In my opinion he could have asked if and where he could fish in that area that wasn't pushing the original angler out. I personally don't mind if a boat fishes close when they pass by and ask where they can fish without messing me up. This used to happen on the regular salt water fishing, not sure why it doesn't here.

It was a major mistake to have the championship on a small body of water. As Roland Martin would say, 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water.
The footage WTM posted really doesn't show how bad it was. Dirtbag move really sums it up.

Common courtesy.... pull in BEHIND the boat that was their first and fish the water they have already fished, NEVER cut in front of a boat that was there first.

I've thrown a few coke cans at people that cut me off spots I was already fishing. Yes, cut me off close enough where I could hit them with a coke can when they came rushing in after seeing me land a fish.

Now there are certain spots on certain bodies of water known as 'welfare holes'.... if you dare to fish those tiny spots, you have to understand the normal fishing etiquette rules don't apply. I avoid them like the plague.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

This was back in the 70's or early 80's I heard a story about an incident on Priest. An old guy, was fishing a point at Priest. A bass boat came in and started fishing the same point. The old guy finished his beer, threw the can in the water, pulled out a large revolver,and shot the can. Told the guy in the bass boat he was fishing that point first. The guy in the bass boat left.

That was B.S on all 3 of the guys that followed him in there and Wheeler was 100% mad! I would be too

You would think with that many people watching you fish on national TV, you wouldn't want to be "that fisherman" but I guess there is always that fisherman...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm watching the summit cup MLF round 2 and tak followed Brent Chapman in that one too smh

Back