• Help Support TNDeer:

Talon/Power Pole?

nitro_z17

looking at adding a talon or power pole to my boat. i have fished a couple times in my buddies boat, who has a 12' talon, and i really like it. just thought id get some opinions on here

I had a 6ft Talon on my Flats Boat. It worked great . Sold the boat and my new one came with a 8 ' PowerPole. It works great as well. One is totally electric and one hydraulic. The Talon is a little faster on the clamp down from button push to anchor b cause of design. Only regrets.... I don't own the patent on either one!!!

Don't you need two on the boat? Looks like a be would just cause you to swivel around in a circle..if your in bad weather.. high winds..

I went out with a guide once that used them for launching his boat. He angled the trailer towards the dock and launched the boat with no one in it and when the boat was about to bump the dock, he lowered them remotely and held the boat in place next to the dock.

nitro_z17":1br0omzr said:
. just thought id get some opinions on here

Here is an opinion that is based on experience for ya.

They stop pretty good and will flex quite a bit then straighten back up rather quickly.

If you are bent over picking up a rod & reel in the front of the boat and the owner of the boat hits the button and puts them down while you are still moving about 3 mph, you WILL go swimming.
Just sayin'

:D

From what I see around here they are great for beaching a boat and holding it in place while you walk up on the bank to take a dump. Seriously, I know at least 20 locals that have them on their boats. They fish all the time and rarely use them. Early spring is the most active time for them. Earlier and later in the year they are all fishing too deep to use them.

I have a tournament rigged bass boat with no power poles. I would rather invest that kind of money in electronics. Just a personal choice.

pressfit":e93o4hrz said:
Don't you need two on the boat? Looks like a be would just cause you to swivel around in a circle..if your in bad weather.. high winds..

My serious fishing is done on the coast. Inshore which is generally 18 inches or more and typically no more than 6-8 ft. We love the low tide. The new boat drafts 10" fully loaded . Once the PowerPole is set I use an 8 ft " mud pole" and jam it into the mud. Tie it off to the bow and it holds great! The mud pole stows easily on the side in a rod rack. Cost 80$

Don't know what you are talking about lol you kept your balance sort of

RUGER":1y9t2d43 said:
nitro_z17":1y9t2d43 said:

They stop pretty good and will flex quite a bit then straighten back up rather quickly.

If you are bent over picking up a rod & reel in the front of the boat and the owner of the boat hits the button and puts them down while you are still moving about 3 mph, you WILL go swimming.
Just sayin'

tophat":afixllbn said:
Don't know what you are talking about lol you kept your balance sort of

RUGER":afixllbn said:
nitro_z17":afixllbn said:

Just sayin'

Lol !!!!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back