• Help Support TNDeer:

TARP yellow bass

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Never would have thought it would happen but I knew it was a good one but didn't know it was a tarp till I got back to the cabin
11f062e9e6ebba4179675a6bf26f8cf1.jpg
c836398c2c2cc4ddf973484bd8ae51a0.jpg

I couldn't pinch his tail and take the picture but it was actually 12 1/4" long
Biggest one I have ever seen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: TARP yellow bass

RUGER":2wgim7qw said:
Interesting.
Do they taste better than a largemouth?

they dont taste fishy and have no red meat like white bass. they have a sweet taste like bluegill or shellcracker and firm filets like them too.

i keep them all. scale and gut the little ones and filet the bigger ones. watch out for those gill plates, they are razor sharp.

these things are constantly eating so keeping all of them that you catch will help the baitfish and crappie. they raid crappie mats and feed on eggs and fry.

they come to the banks from dusk till dawn to feed and go back out to the creek channels when the sun comes up. a rooster tail a foot off the bottom will catch them. drop shot during the day with small crawfish, minnows, worms etc. will catch them deep. they run in very tight schools so you have to keep on them with sonar.

They are for sure good to eat. I won't eat a white bass, a hybrid or a striper but for sure like yellow bellies.

WTM":3uh6ahnx said:
RUGER":3uh6ahnx said:
Interesting.
Do they taste better than a largemouth?

they dont taste fishy and have no red meat like white bass. they have a sweet taste like bluegill or shellcracker and firm filets like them too.

i keep them all. scale and gut the little ones and filet the bigger ones. watch out for those gill plates, they are razor sharp.

these things are constantly eating so keeping all of them that you catch will help the baitfish and crappie. they raid crappie mats and feed on eggs and fry.

DITTO

Back