• Help Support TNDeer:

Taylor’s Archery in Tullahoma

KatManDew

Anyone have any experience with these guys? My shop went out of business and needing to find another good shop for Mathews bows. Have tuning issue and wanted some opinions of this place before making the drive. Its a pretty good ways from me.

I bought a matthews vxr from them. They set it up and i took it home and I HATED it. Its was heavy and harsh. They let me bring it back the next day and sold me a bowtech solution ss (which i adore) . No questions asked! Not a shot against mathews- they warned me that since i was use to a bowtech the draw cycle and weight would be a big change. They didnt even charge me for the change over and set up. Tracy is a great guy to work with. Hey just set my old bowtech up for my son.

They deal bowtech, hoyt and mathews

FANTASTIC archery shop. Good, honest, fair folks. Tracy would cheat himself to prevent you from feeling cheated.

I had string fraying on my bow's cables and went in to have it replaced. Tracy wouldn't be able to get the new cables in quick enough so he literally pulled the cables off his personal hunting bow and put them on mine so that I wouldn't miss any hunting time. We're not friends. We don't hang out. I'm nothing but an occasional customer. And he did that. Being a small business owner myself I really appreciated that gesture of a business owner bending over backwards to make customers feel appreciated.

Thanks, mainly interested in how good they are with the Mathews bows. I have had dealers who dont even have draw boards checking cam timing on scales and some that refused to even paper tune. Looking for a place that is good with the tuning part specifically. I was driving to Franklin to the Archery Den, great dudes that know their stuff, but they went out of business.

mainly interested in how good they are with the Mathews bows. I have had dealers who dont even have draw boards checking cam timing on scales and some that refused to even paper tune. Looking for a place that is good with the tuning part specifically.

They're a well equipped shop and Mathews is one of their major brands. I've bought a few bows from them as well as had strings replaced, etc., and every time I don't get to leave the shop without shooting paper. They know what they're doing, do it well, and want you to keep coming back. This is a very busy time of year for any archery shop so don't be surprised if you're in a long line. I'd suggest midday weekday if you're planning a visit this time of year. Saturdays will likely be very busy.

Bought my last two bows from Tracy. He's a good dude and that's where I'll buy my next (if I ever get another).

I saw him in Bass Pro once, months after buying my bow and he recognized me and struck up a conversation. Took me a minute to remember who he was!

Good bow shop is hard to find . Stick with him . Had to quit shooting my Mathews and got an Xbow . Thinking about taking the poundage down some and see if my shoulder can handle it . I have an old Legacy and have never had to change the string since I've owned it . Always stayed tuned ...best bow I've ever had . When I'd change broadheads I'd paper rune it myself . Not hard to do. I've got an old Field and Stream magazine that gives you the steps to paper tune a bow . Killed alot of deer with that bow . Just can't seem to have the same feeling with the Xbow. I've killed a few with it but just don't like it though. It's just not the same as bowhunting to me .

Last edited:
They're a well equipped shop and Mathews is one of their major brands. I've bought a few bows from them as well as had strings replaced, etc., and every time I don't get to leave the shop without shooting paper. They know what they're doing, do it well, and want you to keep coming back. This is a very busy time of year for any archery shop so don't be surprised if you're in a long line. I'd suggest midday weekday if you're planning a visit this time of year. Saturdays will likely be very busy.
Sounds like what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Are they the same folks who were in business in the late 90's?

If so, I bought a bow from just after I got out of HS, they set it up for me and I was impressed with their knowledge and customer service.

Thanks, mainly interested in how good they are with the Mathews bows. I have had dealers who dont even have draw boards checking cam timing on scales and some that refused to even paper tune. Looking for a place that is good with the tuning part specifically. I was driving to Franklin to the Archery Den, great dudes that know their stuff, but they went out of business.
When did Archery Den go out of business? I talked to them on the phone last week…

I've known Tracy for over 30 years. I remember when he first started his business at his house. He has a passion for the sport of bowhunting that is unmatched. He's a strong supporter and mentor to the younger generation(s) of hunters. He's extremely knowledgeable and a man of great integrity, and strong character. I can't imagine anyone meeting him or doing business with him being disappointed. Top notch guy and one of the best!!

I don't think Archery Den went out of business. Matt is a good friend of mine. He's the president of Old Hickory Bowmen's Club and I'm the treasurer. I just bought a new arrow saw and picked it up Saturday.

Back