• Help Support TNDeer:

the use of climbing sticks...

Bottom Hunter

I have used climbing sticks and loc-on stands for many years. I would rather use them instead of any other stands.

I have so many of them, I decided to find alternate uses for them...

I always carry a few sections of climbing sticks with me when putting up ladder stands or even hanging anything over head high.

Sometimes, friends can't go help me put up a ladder stand when I need them, so I do it myself....

Sure, it may take a few more minutes to put the sticks up and take them back down when the ladder is in place, BUT, it sure comes in handy when trimming an area for the stand or getting my pulley strapped in the tree to hoist the ladder up.

Sometimes a step or extension ladder is just not the right tool, but I've never found any tree big enough to support a ladder stand that I couldn't strap a stick to, at least high enough to reach my ladder stand height.

I'd much rather hunt from a loc-on , because I like getting ABOVE limbs so i can hide, especially early to mid season, but when it gets COLD, I prefer a ladder stand so I can get inside a sleeping bag after I get there...

Just thinking about the upcoming season and this came to mind..

I use my sticks in the same way. When I need to adjust or restrap my ladder stands, I'll take the sticks in and strap'em to the backside of the tree and climb up and take care of it. Pretty easy to tote them around, compared to a step/section ladder.

Nice tips guys.

What kind of climbing sticks do you recommend? I have looked at both the "muddy" and the "lone wolf" brands. The each have their own Pros and Cons. What are your feelings?

plinker22 said:
Nice tips guys.

What kind of climbing sticks do you recommend? I have looked at both the "muddy" and the "lone wolf" brands. The each have their own Pros and Cons. What are your feelings?

I have Lone Wolf sticks and aluminum Rapid Rails. I prefer Rapid Rails unless I am hiking a long way.

plinker22 said:
Nice tips guys.

Both of these are top of the line sticks that cost more but are definitely the best options out there, as they are versatile and quiet.

Latest posts

Back