• Help Support TNDeer:

This is what a 7.5 old buck could look like!

iowavf

One private ground is managed for hunting like he does. His son killed a nice one a couple weeks ago. He farms, but does manage his farms for deer too.

It's a lot of work, time, money, and patience to manage a property for deer hunting. There's a lot of hearbreak that comes with it because you spend all that effort into giving bucks time & resources to get big like that, but somebody next door or down the road kills him first. It happens A LOT. Can't blame anyone for it. Can't be sour grapes over it. All you can do is be happy for the lucky hunter. The deer belong to all of us and roam free. But it still hurts. Glad he was able to get this one through and wrap his own tag on it.

It's a lot of work, time, money, and patience to manage a property for deer hunting. There's a lot of hearbreak that comes with it because you spend all that effort into giving bucks time & resources to get big like that, but somebody next door or down the road kills him first. It happens A LOT. Can't blame anyone for it. Can't be sour grapes over it. All you can do is be happy for the lucky hunter. The deer belong to all of us and roam free. But it still hurts. Glad he was able to get this one through and wrap his own tag on it.
You're right, I've seen it myself. I'm picky in my old age and let some walk and the neighbor shot. That's just part of deer hunting.

Latest posts

Back