• Help Support TNDeer:

This made my day

trichard

While crappie fishing the other day I caught this bass the that had what looked like a 8" crappie in it's throat ,I've never experienced this before, I wonder if bass fishermen ever see this? of course he was released.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200422_073659.jpg
    thumbnail_20200422_073659.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 873
  • thumbnail_20200422_073708.jpg
    thumbnail_20200422_073708.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 876
I found this bass back one day when I was younger. He was making laps just under the surface and was almost dead. He had about a 7-8" bluegill in his mouth. I dip netted him and he was dead before I could do anything.

Attachments

• IMG00029-20100418-0855.jpg
    IMG00029-20100418-0855.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 861
trichard":senpbqye said:
While crappie fishing the other day I caught this bass the that had what looked like a 8" crappie in it's throat
Just noting your crappie jig in the bass's mouth,
a speculative thought:

Wonder if that crappie hit your jig, and as that crappie appeared to struggle a bit,
the bass hit the crappie, hook came out of crappie, you wound up hooking the bass?

A bass has jaw force comparable to an alligator.
Certainly seems plausible a bass clamping down on a crappie would knock the hook loose from the crappie.

Yes, I've had bigger fish hit the smaller fish I was reeling in.

TheLBLman":31bq9u64 said:
trichard":31bq9u64 said:
While crappie fishing the other day I caught this bass the that had what looked like a 8" crappie in it's throat
Just noting your crappie jig in the bass's mouth,
a speculative thought:

Wonder if that crappie hit your jig, and as that crappie appeared to struggle a bit,
the bass hit the crappie, hook came out of crappie, you wound up hooking the bass?

A bass has jaw force comparable to an alligator.
Certainly seems plausible a bass clamping down on a crappie would knock the hook loose from the crappie.

Yes, I've had bigger fish hit the smaller fish I was reeling in.

A bass' jaw force is comparable to a gator? Where did you hear this?

I have had many hooked fish eaten and it is extremely rare to hook the fish that ate the one you originally hooked. There is very rarely enough hook exposed.

Back