• Help Support TNDeer:

This one is gonna sting

Re: This one is gonna sting

WTM":3kz388vj said:
Spurhunter":3kz388vj said:
bluball":3kz388vj said:
What kinda boat do you have now

2002 Triton Magnum 175. Fishes great. Excellent hull design. Just needs some TLC (and now a motor).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

since its that particular boat, id prolly go with a new 90 or 115 yamaha and upgrade the interior. prolly come out better in the end.
I agree,sounds like a good boat.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Theres a few of these floating around to if your interested.Boats won in the american crappie trail tournaments.They have a 115 evenrude though,only down side
ace8606f6c42781f6a006038016be95c.jpg
bed0fefa61cffadcab514b427ced9c44.jpg

look on craiglist for a motor. there is a 2006 yamaha 115 4 stroke for $7K and I saw a boat with a 2013 115 optimax for $6K boat and all. May be better off buying a boat and all, taking the motor and having it professionally installed, and then just selling the bare boat.

bluball":2dlmeez3 said:
Spurhunter":2dlmeez3 said:
catman529":2dlmeez3 said:
And don't get a Johnson, get a Merc or a Yamaha.

Probably won't own another Johnson and I wouldn't have an E-Tec. I would go with Honda or Yamaha for obvious reasons OR Mercury because the best Merc tech on the planet has a shop 10 minutes from my work. I've owned 2 Yamahas and they were absolutely trouble free. I have had good luck with Mercurys as well.
Dont forget suzuki,the commerical fishermen swear by them.My buddy also has one on his boat,good motors.

Good motors , crappy fuel pumps. Friend in SC had ALL kinds of problems with his.
Good luck. I would go to a Yamaha dealer and see if anyone upgraded to a vmax and see if there is a used 150 out there.

bluball":2fgbgv4l said:
Theres a few of these floating around to if your interested.Boats won in the american crappie trail tournaments.They have a 115 evenrude though,only down side
ace8606f6c42781f6a006038016be95c.jpg
bed0fefa61cffadcab514b427ced9c44.jpg

That is a really good deal!

I am still exploring options. Looking at used motors, new motors, and a rebuilt powerhead from Crowley's Marine. If anyone runs across a good 115 please let me know.

After a couple weeks and countless hours of researching I decided to go with a remanufactured powerhead and called my Johnson mechanic. He is going to swap the powerheads, go through my carbs, and disconnect the oil injection. I will be mixing my gas and oil from now on. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a $9000 new motor, especially since I'm going to upsize to a 19 or 21 foot Xpress in the next few years. Can't wait to get it done. It SUCKS only fishing places where a gas motor isn't necessary.

Spurhunter":1htwabj0 said:
After a couple weeks and countless hours of researching I decided to go with a remanufactured powerhead and called my Johnson mechanic. He is going to swap the powerheads, go through my carbs, and disconnect the oil injection. I will be mixing my gas and oil from now on. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a $9000 new motor, especially since I'm going to upsize to a 19 or 21 foot Xpress in the next few years. Can't wait to get it done. It SUCKS only fishing places where a gas motor isn't necessary.

The original owner of my boat had the oil injection disconnected when he bought it new. It's a 2000 90 hp Johnson. Fortunately, neither of us have had any problems with the engine.

ruger7mag":2jca3vvt said:
The original owner of my boat had the oil injection disconnected when he bought it new. It's a 2000 90 hp Johnson. Fortunately, neither of us have had any problems with the engine.

I should have done it also. I just always figured those engineers were smarter than I am and it would be fine. New technology isn't always foolproof!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back