• Help Support TNDeer:

Thoughts on Lever evolution ammo?

My hunting buddy has shot them out of his Marlin 35 Remington with good results accuracy wise. They seem to run a little hotter than the typical 35 Remington rounds from other manufacturers. I've shot the 45-70 version out of my lever action Henry. It's one of the better shooting rounds I've put through it.

My .35 Rem groups good out of a 1960s Marlin at 100 yards.Severe solutions. Better than I can see with a 2×7 Leupold. Shot a doe in the head at 137 yds a few years ago with Leverevolutions.

Attachments

• 20240724_124704.webp
    20240724_124704.webp
    108.1 KB · Views: 3
The only experience I have with them is range experience. A guy next to me got really disgusted with them and as he was loading up to leave, he calmly walked over and said PLEASE take these as he handed me three new boxes and a partial fourth.

We were both shooting 30/30's that day, and he'd had enough of them. They grouped just fine out of my rifle. I see no reason why they wouldn't kill deer just fine, as lots of people do with them.

I have found it to be very gun specific. I have one 30/30 that loves it and one that hates it. My 444 shoots pretty good and my 35 rem shoots ok but I like the performance of the core loks better.

That was exactly my experience with my Marlin 30/30. I was getting over 8" spreads at 50 yards.
I got some for my .45-70 when I put a scope on it. I had the same results. $600 scope and lock tight on the scope. I haven't tried different ammo since then. I thought it was the scope job I done or just a bad scope.

I've shot it in 4 different 336s in 35 rem and all have shot it well. Picking up another tommorow that I won on Gunbroker. Hopefully it likes them as well.

Latest posts

Back