• Help Support TNDeer:

Time for a new Muzzleloader

Thanks for all of the replies guys. This ML was a Christmas gift from my parents in either 95 or 96 and we had to wait 6 months for it to finally come in from the date they bought it, they were in high demand back then and it's been a great gun!

I have no intentions of selling this gun, I plan to let my son start using it so that's the only reason I am somewhat in the market for a new one. I like the CVA's and will probably go that route.

After 28yrs. of using my Remington 700ML I am ready to upgrade! I have not kept up with the latest muzzleloaders on the market, do you guys have any advice on what's good and what to stay away from?

Thanks!
I'll have to check the one in Lexington. Supplies were really low since I haven't touched it in ?? years. Took me five shots to find the paper yesterday.

Thanks for all of the replies guys. This ML was a Christmas gift from my parents in either 95 or 96 and we had to wait 6 months for it to finally come in from the date they bought it, they were in high demand back then and it's been a great gun!

I have no intentions of selling this gun, I plan to let my son start using it so that's the only reason I am somewhat in the market for a new one. I like the CVA's and will probably go that route.
The Remington 700ML provided it has the proper bolt nose conversion is probably one of the best , most accurate, best balanced, reasonably lightweight and affordable muzzleloader on the market and it will shoot long range with Blackhorn 209 powder chargers with alot of these smokeless customs builds to a extent provided the shooter does his homework.

Love my Remmy UML
Not had ANY experience with them. But looking offhand at them they are running pretty close to ballistics to Smokless . CLOSE.

Smokeless is always going to beat out these other counterparts but at a cost. Look at cost of builds but look at cost of weight and. Ost of practicality. Most of these builds are not practical for taking out to the field for "most" general hunting applications.

They are great for target shooting and beanfield shooting but for anything else ??? Not so much!

I'm a Thompson Center fan and have an Omega and Encore. The Omega is my favorite mz I've ever owned.

I wasn't a CVA fan at first and still have never owned one. But I really like the Accura and know a couple people who have the newer version of them and like them. One is the long range model.

I have an 11 year old cva buckhorn. It's raggedy but I've killed a big pile of deer and coyotes with it. Shot it earlier this week and my first two bullets were touching at 2in high at 60 yards. I put it back in the case. It's a pain to clean, ain't pretty but it's still good enough for me.

Good luck getting your ML figured out how you want it!
Got one I've had since 2000. Shoots great but, I agree a pain to clean. It shoots pretty much anything pretty good. I've been shooting 350 gr. Maxi-Balls for a few years

Latest posts

Back