• Help Support TNDeer:

tip of the day

WTM

if the boat seems kind of heavy to push off the trailer, CHECK THE PLUG.

other than that had a good day with my son, who caught all the fish. fished 30ish ft of water along the ledge drops. blue cats, channel cats , a few big gills and a nice eater drum.

Do it a couple times a yr,usually when i carrry someone with me.I fish alone most of the time and have a routine.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

I've got one better, or I guess worse. I was putting in at Whiteville Lake with my son. There were bank fishermen all around the ramp. My son attempted to back the boat off the trailer and it would only move a foot or so forward and backward. I forgot to take the straps off the transom.

Spurhunter":r1x145jr said:
I've got one better, or I guess worse. I was putting in at Whiteville Lake with my son. There were bank fishermen all around the ramp. My son attempted to back the boat off the trailer and it would only move a foot or so forward and backward. I forgot to take the straps off the transom.

I have never forgot my plug (yet) but I did forget the straps last year while duck hunting one morning. :rotf:

i filled my boat so full of water i coulndnt even get it off the trailer. i thought i had left the straps on and it dawned on me. took about 5-10 minutes to empty it with the drain and bilge on. i told my son, not a good start. sure enough i almost fell out of the boat, dumped a whole carton of nightcrawlers in the boat and then when we started catching fish had this ahole come from across the lake and started fishing our drift 30 yards above us. didnt matter though he couldnt find the channel ledge. it pays to have good, current mapping.

it didnt help that i was on the third day after a root canal and temp crown.

Spurhunter":3jqdgxhq said:
Yep,have done that one too[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

bluball":2ee12knj said:
Spurhunter":2ee12knj said:

Yep, have done that one too[emoji23]

If you haven't tried it with an audience, it's more fun if there's a bunch of people around watching the live performance. :roll:

Spurhunter":1dbhcqcc said:
bluball":1dbhcqcc said:
Spurhunter":1dbhcqcc said:

Yep, have done that one too[emoji23]

If you haven't tried it with an audience, it's more fun if there's a bunch of people around watching the live performance. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knock on wood, I have yet to...nope. Not gonna jinx myself! :shock: :lol:

Although I fish from a kayak, I'm sure my time is coming as it is.

Latest posts

Back