• Help Support TNDeer:

Today's catch

catman529

Caught about a dozen after they stocked the Harpeth River this morning. Kept 6 and smoked them and will make the dip tomorrow. Might try make some trout jerky if I catch any more.

f7f550df3a3030e2e3c51fa28d5d3f02.jpg

5f9d20dc925caf69d10d5d396deefb9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so do you flake the flesh and mix it in with the dip? i might could handle that. i ate some pond raised rainbow in Gatlinburg one time, after someone told me it was awesome and delicate, and it tasted like salmon. i hate salmon i guess because my step mom would always make those **** salmon patties lol. thats all she knew how to cook.

WTM":1zp7nhi0 said:
so do you flake the flesh and mix it in with the dip? i might could handle that. i ate some pond raised rainbow in Gatlinburg one time, after someone told me it was awesome and delicate, and it tasted like salmon. i hate salmon i guess because my step mom would always make those **** salmon patties lol. thats all she knew how to cook.
the bigger trout taste a little like salmon and I love salmon. I'd rather eat salmon than trout but these are good smoked. I do flake it off and mix into the dip. It's really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe I haven't caught, kept and cooked any from the stock pond at Martin this year.

Looks great man.

I love smoked trout.

One of my favorite recipes is smoked trout chowder. I usually freeze a couple after I smoke them and make a smoked trout chowder. I use a recipe similar to the one attached, but in step 2 I add the whole smoked trout and a fresh trout (both stocker size). I'll carefully remove them after they cook through; before step 3 and flake from the bone, returning the meat to the pot. Then continue with step 3. I think getting some bites of the fresh trout adds to the different flavors and gives the dish more protein.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/smoked-trout-chowder

Buzzard Breath":3uq60w1q said:
I love smoked trout.

One of my favorite recipes is smoked trout chowder. I usually freeze a couple after I smoke them and make a smoked trout chowder. I use a recipe similar to the one attached, but in step 2 I add the whole smoked trout and a fresh trout (both stocker size). I'll carefully remove them after they cook through; before step 3 and flake from the bone, returning the meat to the pot. Then continue with step 3. I think getting some bites of the fresh trout adds to the different flavors and gives the dish more protein.

man that recipe looks good. since we dont have any trout around here close, do you think white/stripe bass would work? instead of smoking it maybe blacken with some old bay seasoning.

WTM":10rmahov said:
Buzzard Breath":10rmahov said:
I love smoked trout.

man that recipe looks good. since we dont have any trout around here close, do you think white/stripe bass would work? instead of smoking it maybe blacken with some old bay seasoning.
I bet that would be awesome. Instead of getting chunks of smoked salmon, you'd be getting chunks of blackened white bass. I'd just be careful not to stir it too much to keep the fish in bite sized pieces.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back