• Help Support TNDeer:

Trolling motor PSA

Big Ben":2cv6o18c said:
If you switch from a Minn Kota 40 lb thrust All Terrian to a Minn Kota 45 lb thrust Edge they don't line up either.... :rotf: Don't ask how I know this... :lol:

I get why the different manufacturers use different bolt patterns but you would think it would be standard for one manufacturer!

RUGER":2wm13v96 said:
One word, ENGINEERS!!! :bash:
SOME engineers. No way in the world I would ever recommend or support that nonsense. It is no different that bolt patterns on automobile wheels, or threads in a shotgun barrel, keep it stupid simple and consistent unless there is a safety reason to change.

Andy S.":1cb2n7q7 said:
RUGER":1cb2n7q7 said:
One word, ENGINEERS!!! :bash:
SOME engineers. No way in the world I would ever recommend or support that nonsense. It is no different that bolt patterns on automobile wheels, or threads in a shotgun barrel, keep it stupid simple and consistent unless there is a safety reason to change.

True, should have said some. LOL
Perhaps, most? :rotf:

RUGER":2zoz113d said:

I have been a maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, and/or millwright for the last 28 years. The good engineers are worth their weight in gold. The bad ones are worse than useless. Unfortunately in those 28 years I can count the good ones on two hands.

Spurhunter":21yibgov said:
RUGER":21yibgov said:

I have been a maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, and/or millwright for the last 28 years. The good engineers are worth their weight in gold. The bad ones are worse than useless. Unfortunately in those 28 years I can count the good ones on two hands.

You are lucky if you made it to the second hand! :D

RUGER":3uyqcens said:
Spurhunter":3uyqcens said:

You are lucky if you made it to the second hand! :D

I was being generous! :tu:

Well it did take 2 less bolts, lock washers and nuts to install the Edge model and the holes are hid anyway. Maybe they wanted to save someone $1 for two new bolts, lock washers and nuts. At the price of $368.00 and tax that's the least they can do right LOL.

Back