• Help Support TNDeer:

Trolling Only - No

Creek

"Trolling Only - No" Thats is what it says on the TWRA Boating Fishing Access Sites.
So I cant dock a flat bottom boat on the Duck, Harpeth, Cumberland, or TN river with it being powered only with a trolling motor or am I reading it wrong ?

Update: I just read some more info and some phone numbers I can give them a call tomorrow and get the scoop.
https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/view ... 19,39.3281

Well hot-diggity-dog !!!
If you are familiar with the link posted above then you also might be familiar with having the ability to read the individual and specific regulations for each public docking port shown on the map.
After talking to a TWRA rep today I found out that this particular statement that I originally referred to, "Trolling Only - NO", along with possibly a few other things will be re-worded...so to speak, in the near future.
Bottom line(pun) is that yes you can use a vessel on most rivers (Duck, Harpeth, Cumberland, my area) with only a trolling motor to propel it, and in most other locations as well.
Most people probably already knew this and have been doing it for several years. However after reading the restrictions one could easily conclude differently imo.
There are a few lakes and other special locations with very strict regulations and some of those do not allow trolling motors in addition to any other kind of motor.
Thanks and hope this might help someone or make it clear as mud.

Latest posts

Back