• Help Support TNDeer:

Trout fish'n, east Tenn VS mid Tenn.

Wood Smoke

Its been at least 10 years since wifey and I have done any trout fishing and we're kind of get'n the bug again (we fish from the bank and use use spinning reel/rods, not fly gear, for now anyway), we always fished the elk river but now think'n about trying the waters of east Tennessee, but Im curious about how the fishing experience compares from these 2 parts of the state, crowds, quality of fish, availability of places bank walkers can access,,, that type of info.

Time off for me is limited and dont mind a 3+ hour drive if the fishing is really good, just dont want to waste time traveling for the same quality fishing closer to home (but I love me a fish'n road trip :party: ).

Just curious, thanks in advance.

I have lived in both East and Middle Tennessee and fished both the Elk and Hiwassee on a regular basis. If you are looking for a drive to East Tennessee 3 hours or less try the Hiwassee at Reliance (Polk County), Tennessee. Be sure to check with TVA for the water release schedule. The Hiwassee is between two and three times the wide of the Elk, it is clear water, with gravel bottom, and colder water than the Elk. It is stocked on a regular basis. There are special regulations for parts of the river. There is a lot of access in the Cherokee National Forrest to the River. The scenery is great, especial from the mountain side over looking the Big Bend area. Take a camera. There are campgrounds in the area and canoe rentals also.

Live in Polk county and fish the hiwassee and tellico frequently. Trout fishing doesn't get any better in TN. I can't remember the last time I've went on the hiwassee and not caught my limit .

Middle to may have better deer hunting than east tn. But by gosh we got some trout fishing.
Hiwassee or tellico river are both great. As well as the clinch. The little pigeon river in gatlinburg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back