• Help Support TNDeer:

Two new boating regulations take effect July 1 in Tennessee

Re: Two new boating regulations take effect July 1 in Tennes

lol, I just realized what it actually says. So renters were exempt? The people who probably have least experience on water :bash:

nitro_z17":223jgdz0 said:
lol, I just realized what it actually says. So renters were exempt? The people who probably have least experience on water :bash:

umm, no. neither are out of state boaters. i think if they already have boats rented prior to that date then they will be excused. after that then they better have completed it.

nitro_z17":2rnntsk2 said:

ah ok, WERE exempt lol.

to be honest, what would be the difference between someone born before 1989 and had never drove a boat versus someone born after? does age make a person less ignorant?

i think it should be required for everyone, to be honest.

Alabama started requiring boating lisence back in the 1980's.

If you were born in 1953 or earlier you were exempt.

I was born in 57' which meant take the exam pay the five bucks and fish on!

I had plenty experience with small boats and outboards,

My Wife on the other hand had never operated a boat.

But since she was older than me no exam..

Stupidest thing I've ever heard of, if you can't show expierience or at least knowledge of operating a boat you should have to take the exam.

In Al since it's "connected to inter coastal waters" all of that signage was on the test as well.

in the early 80's i had to take the hunters safety and boating safety 2 years in a row in jr high for a 6 weeks science grade. then the hunters safety again in the 10th grade for a health class that was required. i wonder if schools still do this?

come to think of it a few in the class also had taxidermy lessons. we help mount mr lumpkins deer head lol.

Latest posts

Back