UV Button

East TN Bowhunter

I have always shot a wrist strap release but I have had my eye on this one for awhile, just can't seem to pull the trigger on a $300 release LOL I would like to know as well if anyone has shot with these.

East TN Bowhunter

$300.00? U kidding ,right?
Nope LOL

1720017624893.png

Ski

What release do you use?

Trufire hardcore max and a tru ball xtension. Not really sure about the tru ball. It kept eating up my d-loop so I stopped using it & got the trufire. I don't like the trufire quite as much because it's longer & much stiffer, but it doesn't eat my loop. Both are the hook style wrist strap.

Jbird22

I have no experience with an Ultraview, but if you're interested in a quality thumb release, give a Carter a try. They're a top notch company with great customer service! I've been using a Too Simple 3 finger for several years now.

GhillieBow

Guy at a bow shop I got to in Baton Rouge said the price for the Steel version is going up to $400. I've shot them and yes, they're pretty quiet but I could never justify spending that much on a release. I shoot a carter first choice that I bought used and I was shocked at how much they cost.

I just put some teflon tape on the part of the release that the caliper/sear contacts when fired and its dead quiet now. The more contoured designs of newer thumb buttons like the UV and the tru-fire synapse do feel better in the hand, but I like the auto-locking feature of my carter release. People are definitely buying these though; they are constantly sold out online.

East TN Bowhunter

I have always shot a cheap index with wrist strap release and I just see always these pro archers and hunters using either thumb button or hinge style releases and just wonder how much tighter my groups would get if I got proficient with one of them. I would like one that locks on the draw for hunting and the hinge style worry me that I'll be in mid draw and and it will go off.

East TN Bowhunter

Guy at a bow shop I got to in Baton Rouge said the price for the Steel version is going up to $400. I've shot them and yes, they're pretty quiet but I could never justify spending that much on a release. I shoot a carter first choice that I bought used and I was shocked at how much they cost.

I just put some teflon tape on the part of the release that the caliper/sear contacts when fired and its dead quiet now. The more contoured designs of newer thumb buttons like the UV and the tru-fire synapse do feel better in the hand, but I like the auto-locking feature of my carter release. People are definitely buying these though; they are constantly sold out online.
Would you get the aluminum or the steel version? Is the steel one very heavy?

Jbird22

I feel that way about index/wrist releases.
Same..My anchor was always too high with a wrist strap release. My anchor instantly felt natural with a handheld release. It may not be for everyone but a handheld, thumb button release was just what I needed.

GhillieBow

Would you get the aluminum or the steel version? Is the steel one very heavy?
I prefer my release to have some weight to it, but again $400 is steep for a release. If money wasn't an issue, I would prefer the steel version. The aluminum is so light it feels like you're almost not holding anything. It comes down to preference. If you're serious about buying one any shop worth anything will have display models for you to shoot.

GhillieBow

Same..My anchor was always too high with a wrist strap release. My anchor instantly felt natural with a handheld release. It may not be for everyone but a handheld, thumb button release was just what I needed.
When I started shooting I liked the idea of a thumb button so I never tried a wrist release. It never looked comfortable to me. And you're right about the anchor point. I recently started shooting barebow recurve and all I had to do mostly was get comfortable with having my wrist rotated in rather than out. The anchor point was about the same.

Latest posts