• Help Support TNDeer:

Velvet shedding date?

Boll Weevil

Because bucks often dramtically change their habits once in hard-antler, I'm trying to do a little preseason planning for when they might start to shed velvet. Do any of you have pictures from years past that might show a date for when bucks in your area began sheding their velvet?

1st week of Sept.

In velvet

PICT0337.jpg
[/img]

Same buck out of velvet.

PICT0616.jpg
[/img]

In velvet

bengis021.jpg
[/img]

Same buck mostly shed

PICT0445.jpg
[/img]

Took these pics first week of sept.

ebaycameraSHEDBuck044.jpg
[/img]

ebaycameraSHEDBuck046.jpg
[/img]

ebaycameraSHEDBuck051.jpg
[/img]

WOW, HH those are some great TN deer.

Looks like you have some very good photography equipment... hope you put it to use snapping pics of your fingerprints all over their antlers, dragging their heavy ole butts to your truck!!

BHC said:
It's been sept. 6 the last two yrs on cam at my place, Wayne co.

That is really close and most Wayne county bucks will have been shed completely by the opener of bow season which has been very accurate for many years.

backstraps said:
WOW, HH those are some great TN deer.

Looks like you have some very good photography equipment... hope you put it to use snapping pics of your fingerprints all over their antlers, dragging their heavy ole butts to your truck!!

Thanks. I've learned to keep a good camera handy for those rare moments. Those shots are my favorite and I'm going to try and get them in the TN calendar next year. As for the fun work I usually call my bud for a hand...lol

Latest posts

Back