• Help Support TNDeer:

Vols/Hawgs

I've been laughing all week at the Vol fans that thought we were going to boatrace the hogs. TN is 1-6 in recent years against them.

The elbow to the helmet resulting in the roughing the kicker turned the game around. Correct call, but was a major flop by the kicker.
That plus not fielding the last punt cost us the game. Field the punt and we are still able to flip the field before that last Arky TD drive. They weren't going to move the ball starting inside their own 20. Drives me nuts how often you see college returners let punts bounce. You never see that in the NFL.

Exciting game all the way till the end. I thought it was odd to concede the td with arkansas having to use a backup kicker. But hindsight is 20/20 and as hillbilly hunter said, you have to throw it up on the last play and pray for a defensive PI call or a miracle- as soon as he crossed the line of scrimmage that game was over

Wow. It's been a crazy Saturday. I can't believe Tennessee let Arkansas score the winning touchdown. Crazy.
I don't think they had a choice on that one, right before the play I told everyone, vols have to let them score. Would have been next to no time left on clock assuming they made the fg and kicked off.

No excuses though…like someone said above, got outplayed and out coached big time all night

I've been laughing all week at the Vol fans that thought we were going to boatrace the hogs. TN is 1-6 in recent years against them.

The elbow to the helmet resulting in the roughing the kicker turned the game around. Correct call, but was a major flop by the kicker.
On the replay I thought he got blocked into him and while trying to avoid him his elbow hit.

Just like the roughing the passer call where Nico got tapped on the helmet
Wasn't that the one where his hand came through and slapped the face mask? I don't think it was intentional but hit him on the follow through which by rule is a flag. It's a judgment call and had they not called it wouldn't have bothered me.

The biggest play in my opinion was the no call on holding by the wide receiver #2 that let the big boy rumble. Foul happened at the 42 so should've backed them up to roughly midfield and instead hogs have it at the 22 or so first and goal. One play doesn't beat you but it sure sticks out like a sore thumb when late in the game like that. As I said already Arkansas played better and deserved it.

For once. We're in this mess together.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1728191322354.webp
    FB_IMG_1728191322354.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 1
Earned that loss. Horrible game
Right there with you on there ALABAMA v Vandy game. Gotta tip ur hand to the winner and just move on. I can't even talk smack against the vols . ALABAMA played like crap. VANDY PLAYED GREAT. They have a great QB. And have been right there all year.

All I can say is Roll.Tide and let's regroup . Next week is not going to get any easier.

Latest posts

Back