• Help Support TNDeer:

Vols/sooners

Well my daughter was at Neyland as a Mocs student a few weeks back and had adult male vol fans come up and rub their butt on her and throw peanut shells at her (she has a peanut allergy and that can actually be very dangerous), and she didn't really even care about the game. I'd say that's pretty classless as well.

I don't bark, but I know a few who do. Not saying it doesn't happen, just not all UGA fans.

They are bad eggs in every fan base.

Watching a large group of fans not just one or two individuals bark like dogs, foam at the mouth getting inches away from teens faces while getting begged to stop all game was personally the worst thing I've seen in person. I try and go to 1 SEC game a year for the last decade or so, and it's still yet to be topped for me. But I've never had anything happen to me or my family at a game.

Sorry that happened to your daughter.

Last edited:
They are bad eggs in every fan base.

Watching a large group of fans not just one or two individuals bark like dogs, foam at the mouth getting inches away from teens faces while getting begged to stop all game was personally the worst thing I've seen in person. I try and go to 1 SEC game a year for the last decade or so, and it's still yet to be topped for me. But I've never had anything happen to me or my family at a game.

Sorry that happened to your daughter.
Unfortunately, I don't doubt that it happened, and I would have been livid had I seen it as well. Low class can wear any color, and I'm not about to stick up for that at. Sorry that it was something that happened to you or that you witnessed.

I lived in Oklahoma city for almost 4 years. (1999-2003) I wasn't even much of a football fan at the time, but Bama and OU played a home-home series at the time. The OU fans I worked with then were worse than any Auburn, LSU, TN, fans that I grew up around.

Nope. Life's too short for that. I'm a fan of a team, but they don't make who I am. I'm far less passionate about college football than I used to be for sure. I know some who only know their identity by a sports team, and that is really unfortunate regardless of who that team is
That's my take on it too. I like watching a good game but some people take it too far. They never played for the school, attended the school, or had kids that attended, but a large chunk of their life revolves around sports involving it. Even going as far as to really down other people and fan bases. I get the light hearted ribbing and such but what I'm talking about goes above and beyond that. They aren't kidding or joking when they say things. Several people here on this forum are good examples of that.

That's my take on it too. I like watching a good game but some people take it too far. They never played for the school, attended the school, or had kids that attended, but a large chunk of their life revolves around sports involving it. Even going as far as to really down other people and fan bases. I get the light hearted ribbing and such but what I'm talking about goes above and beyond that. They aren't kidding or joking when they say things. Several people here on this forum are good examples of that.
Yessir. One of my good buddies from church who just passed away far too young was one who I liked to talk college football with. We could cut up a little, but also have good, levelheaded conversations without digging at each other. He was a Bama fan, and one of the downright best men that you would ever want to meet. It never came between our friendship or respect for each other. We were kind and gracious to each other no matter whose team won or lost. Even after second-and-Tua, national championship games, and SEC championship games.

I lived in Oklahoma city for almost 4 years. (1999-2003) I wasn't even much of a football fan at the time, but Bama and OU played a home-home series at the time. The OU fans I worked with then were worse than any Auburn, LSU, TN, fans that I grew up around.
Try living in Bham when its Iron Bowl time and its a home game for ALABAMA and auburn comes to rolling into town with all their obnoxious behavior. Its unreal.

Back