• Help Support TNDeer:

Walleye Season has officially started!

walleye_hunter

Glad to see the warmer temps...especially on my electronics.
386fd86d0221deaaa420ab30dec923bb.jpg
f05f1bc6c7d5fc86caefeca94477f519.jpg
67b0020e80ed743d7ddfc3f6816217c1.jpg
c82aac6be45ea9e062cb84132f86f490.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice! I caught one 2 years ago off a dock on lake Hamilton in Arkansas. I have attempted to fish for them every time I've been there since with no luck. Actually caught a nice rainbow last year off the same dock. Any tips for catching one dropping straight down on brush in 30 ft of water?

Dang it Galen you're wearing em out. I caught 6 last night but the biggest was 14 inches... at least I can say I caught some. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In the last few years I have gotten into going after walleye. I have done descent in the colder months in tailwaters (casting) and in years past caught a few trolling in tailwaters whenever you can find good flow (not much this year). But I would like to learn how to target them this time of year. Sounds like this is when you do the best, but I catch more striper and other fish that I'm not targeting most often. If anyone can't get me on the right track or heading in the right direction I would be grateful. The most convenient places for me to fish are ft Loudoun, watts barr, Melton Hill, and maybe Dale hollow on a night I dont have to work the next day.
Thanks in advance

Rowed up from Miller's Island on the Clinch River to the weir dam about 2 weeks ago to flyfish for trout . We must have seen 6-8 dozen nice walleye at 6-8 ft in depth. These WERE NOT TROUT . We passed a guy throwing spinner baits from a kayak and asked him if those were walleye we were seeing and he held up two nice ones and jokingly said " yes" . Good luck. Probably spawning and eating all the baby trout TWRA throws in at Millers. PS the water was OFF the entire time.

Your welcome! Bring me so fillets!

We make an annual trip to Lake Erie for walleye every spring. Charters are not to expensive and we stay over in a trailer supplier by the charter company. Fishing is usually excellent and the walleye taste superb.

Thanks "7mm08". If I get an opportunity I may try that area. Dont have any experience on that water so it sounds like my kayak would be a better option than my triton. I was hoping for some insight from the author of the post. I'm assuming he is fishing somewhere in middle TN and I was hoping to apply that to my area. I dont have many opportunities to fish during the day and ive been trying to troll at night in tailwaters (no succes yet). Planning to go to Dale Hollow and fish under lights so we see if that yields anything.

Latest posts

Back