• Help Support TNDeer:

Walleye

jlmustain

Always heard July was a good month for Walleye. The only place I've heard about that has them near me is Normandy. What do I do? Any tips on catching one?

Seems like walleye are a really tough specie to target and catch in our area. I've only caught one or two in my lifetime and they were just a random catch. I've never fished specifically for them. Catman fishes for them quite often at Normandy. Maybe he has some pointers for you. They are supposedly delicious.

paincave_2000":9qa7odg3 said:
Troll the channel under the bridge at the Barton Springs boat ramp.
ive heard fishing under there at night with lights is good. I went out to Normandy on July 4 during the morning with no luck. But did catch a TARP white crappie trolling off a point way up the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlmustain":2ipz2vb0 said:
Always heard July was a good month for Walleye. The only place I've heard about that has them near me is Normandy. What do I do? Any tips on catching one?

Contact Pete Hatchett, 931-703-7383. He guides only on Normandy and targets walleye. In the process he also catches other things. Money well spent because he shares lots of tips and info.

Tell him Charlie sent you. No, I get nothing for that; it's just fun to say. :smile:

TNCharlie":my548ns6 said:
jlmustain":my548ns6 said:

Contact Pete Hatchett, 931-703-7383. He guides only on Normandy and targets walleye. In the process he also catches other things. Money well spent because he shares lots of tips and info.

Tell him Charlie sent you. No, I get nothing for that; it's just fun to say. :smile:
I am not the type of person to want a guided trip, but there are 2 exceptions, that being Richard Simms and a trip for walleye on Normandy. I want to have some sort of idea what I'm doing when I drive an hour and a half out there to fish for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back