• Help Support TNDeer:

Well I did it

TRIGGER":g1wyjwlr said:
Headhunter":g1wyjwlr said:
good luck with the raymarine units. I will never buy anything they make again.

nice boat

Please tell
Same here. I've loved what I've seen from them so far.
LOTS of the best fishing guides in key west, Costa Rica, panama, etc.. All use the rY marine stuff. My uncle has a 68 ft yacht of some sort decked out with ray marine TV sized radar units, and i can guarantee he doesn't purchase anything unless it is top of the line.

Was not impressed with the unit. Many features lowrance and humminbird have that Raymarine does not, I had a dragonfly 7 pro.

Also, NO manual is included with an $700+ dollar depthfinder?? That is right, no manual.

Also NO cover. Called Raymarine, gave them the model and the serial number of the Raymarine I had. Ended purchasing 2 covers, both have same Raymarine part number and packaging and neither one fit, not even close, one was to small and one was way to big.

Never could get it to read at speed, my boat tops out at 36 mph and have not had that trouble with humminbird or lowrance.

I got rid of the Raymarine and got a lowarance, way better unit.

I still have both covers, they will probably end up being $45 of trash.

Customer service was not very knowledgable about the depthfinder either.

Headhunter":oxsgp7e1 said:
Was not impressed with the unit. Many features lowrance and humminbird have that Raymarine does not, I had a dragonfly 7 pro.

Also, NO manual is included with an $700+ dollar depthfinder?? That is right, no manual.

Also NO cover. Called Raymarine, gave them the model and the serial number of the Raymarine I had. Ended purchasing 2 covers, both have same Raymarine part number and packaging and neither one fit, not even close, one was to small and one was way to big.

Never could get it to read at speed, my boat tops out at 36 mph and have not had that trouble with humminbird or lowrance.

I got rid of the Raymarine and got a lowarance, way better unit.

I still have both covers, they will probably end up being $45 of trash.

Customer service was not very knowledgable about the depthfinder either.
I have two of the A series 7" units. The only two down sides I have found so far is #1 mine gets stuck at 2.4' when in shallow water I have to change it from down vision to sonar or vice versa to get it to read properly. They claim an update will fix it I just have not done it yet.
#2 nobody around knows anything about the Raymarine units.

I cannot understand why you can't get a cover for one? Makes no difference to me, but I always take my depthfinders off of the boat when not in use and want to have a cover to protect the screen when they ride in my truck or sit in the gunsafe. The absence of a manual is plain sorry. Spend over 700 dollars and NO manual and no directions on where to go look for one other than to search for one on the internet? I will be good with either lowrance or humminbird.

Latest posts

Back