• Help Support TNDeer:

Well, that was interesting

megalomaniac

Loaded up this morn at 4a and made the drive down to the coast to fish. Stopped at my favorite gas station down there to get my bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.
After the 80mile drive, I always walk around the boat and feel the hubs to be sure they are cool. While doing so, I realized I left my trolling motor in the garage 😞

Reminded me of the time I drove 1.5h to bowhunt several years ago and realized after I got there I had left my bow at home.

Oh, well, tried to make the best of it using my push pole to maneuver and my anchor pin to hold me in spots. Couldn't cover water fast like I normally do, but it was somewhat functional. Picked up a few short trout here and there, but around 11a on spot number 14 or 15 I found a decent shrimp migration where one of the back shallow bayous meets a main bayou. Caught somewhere between 75 and 100 trout there on an almost every cast bite until I felt I had won. All were MS shorts, but there were 10 or so in the 14.5 to 14.75in range. If I had been in LA waters, I would have had 2 limits. The fish were so full it looked like their bellies would explode when you grabbed them.

Lost one slammer of a flounder right at the boat, didn't get a good enough hook set on him. No reds today, tide was high and I guess they were back in the marsh grass.

Latest posts

Back