• Help Support TNDeer:

Whacked them again

Spurhunter

I got to go this time. 35 degrees, wind out of the north at 10, wind chill of 28. They were biting like bulldogs. We started fishing at 1230 and caught #30 at 3:28. When this pic was taken we had 23 in the crappie coffin.
831d74f647aafa3901cb720a3776414c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RUGER":3ds1mbjf said:
Very cool man.
Cool? It was cooolllddd! [emoji16] Actually I wore my cold weather deer hunting gear and never got cold. Except my hands. They froze. No way to handle minners and bait hooks with gloves on. I got an idea though. Hand warmer thingie with hot hands inside. You can easily come out of that to land a fish.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spurhunter":2gcg5lz1 said:
. . . . . my hands. They froze. No way to handle minners and bait hooks with gloves on. I got an idea though. Hand warmer thingie with hot hands inside. You can easily come out of that to land a fish.
Yes, it's a great idea, but if you introduce any moisture (such as with wet hands), the "hot hands" can die or not work so well.

Wool gloves (along with the big hand-warmer thingie, even without the heat packs) usually works best for me.
Get you some thin wool (or neoprene) liner gloves, cut out the thumb plus 2 fingers on each hand,
then wear those inside a wool glomitt, so you can quickly expose or cover your fingers.

Another trick is to pack your big hand warmer with paper towels to help absorb moisture, keep your "hot hands" working better.
You can even wrap the "hot hands" packs in a paper towel before placing inside your big thingie or pockets.

Use latex gloves over a pair of wool liners or over reg gloves with hot hands inside.
The latex outter will be your water proof layer!! Works great.

I have to get to MS for some of them bigguns!! Been catchin pretty decent fish on Reelfoot and have not been to Ky Lake yet this year but will soon!

It's hard to get me fired up for crappie fishing this time of year but hearing your story and seeing that cooler. Well, I'm thinking now. Nice, nice, nice!

Latest posts

Back