• Help Support TNDeer:

What are they biting these days?

10" worm,3/4 oz. Jig and a deep diving crankbait on ledges. Square bill crankbait, buzzbait, and Texas rigged plastics on shoals. I guess it depends on where your fishing.

Haven't been bass fishing in a little while but if I was gonna grab a few lures and go, id get some plastic lizards, craws, zoom fat Alberts and weightless super flukes, maybe some culprit worms, some kind of small square bill crank or a rattle trap, and I'd hit the creek.

Sent from the talk of tap

It's buzzbait season. Early morning as the sun rises or just as the sun is setting. I had several blowups yesterday early evening that I missed on one. I hooked up with one that was a really good bass but she pulled into the grass and was able to swim free. I wound up with a mound of slop and grass on my buzzbait that probably weighed as much as the fish did when I finally got it back.

Fishing the buzzbait takes patience since it's more of a quality vs quantity lure and a bit of calm nerves to wait until you feel the fish before setting the hook but it's all worth it. Seeing a big bass smash one in low light is a thing of beauty.

Indeed the buzzbait bite was excellent Saturday morning as the sun was rising. My partner made 5 cast in one spot and caught 5 fish.

Also a note to mention out of the 10 fish we caught on a buzzbait, it seemed like every single one was caught on the trailer hook. I cant stress enough about using a trailer hook, not a single fish spit the hook either.

TheDuke'sBack":1qttctir said:
Indeed the buzzbait bite was excellent Saturday morning as the sun was rising. My partner made 5 cast in one spot and caught 5 fish.

Also a note to mention out of the 10 fish we caught on a buzzbait, it seemed like every single one was caught on the trailer hook. I cant stress enough about using a trailer hook, not a single fish spit the hook either.

You know... where I was fishing there is a lot of slop and grass and the trailer hook was catching too much of it when I tried to skip it over small patches as I hit every opening I could find. It got annoying so I took off the trailer hook... and then proceeded to miss 3 blowups.

Hindsight is 20/20 right?

MidTennFisher":1iufrxo6 said:
TheDuke'sBack":1iufrxo6 said:

You know... where I was fishing there is a lot of slop and grass and the trailer hook was catching too much of it when I tried to skip it over small patches as I hit every opening I could find. It got annoying so I took off the trailer hook... and then proceeded to miss 3 blowups.

Hindsight is 20/20 right?

That it is.

The trailer hook can be a bit annoying sometimes. It definitely gets hung up more, especially if your trying to burn it through or over grass. Too much hanging off the back I suppose, But when I throw a couple fish in the boat hanging on by the trailer hook It always out weighs the negative, for me that is. The VMC hooks pre rigged with tubing are some pretty awesome trailer hooks, big, strong, and super sharp. The fish that fully commit stay on all the way up to the boat.

Latest posts

Back