• Help Support TNDeer:

What can you bait with specifically?

gondo

So when it is time to hunt... what can you hunt over? Specific answers is what im looking for... i can read the laws... but I want to know specific products that can be brought in and placed where I am going to be hunting. Like trophy rocks, I have heard the liquid cmere dear, etc... so who can list some specific products?

Nothing other than trophy rock or a mineral block. No cmere deer, no deer cain, no swamp donkey, buck grub, acorn rage, no corn, you cannot transport acorns, persimmons, apples, nothing. If you didnt plant it or wasnt there before you got there(trees), then you cant hunt over it unless its a trohy rock or some type of trace mineral block.

BHC said:
Nothing other than trophy rock or a mineral block. No cmere deer, no deer cain, no swamp donkey, buck grub, acorn rage, no corn, you cannot transport acorns, persimmons, apples, nothing. If you didnt plant it or wasnt there before you got there(trees), then you cant hunt over it unless its a trohy rock or some type of trace mineral block.

hmm i was under the impression there were a few products you could use...

BHC said:

Not correct on the deer cain and cmere deer liquid sprayed on vegetation.

gondo said:
BHC said:

hmm i was under the impression there were a few products you could use...

Very few. If you have any specific questions, give me a call at the office at (615) 781-6580 and I'll be glad to help out.

Bottom Hunter said:
if the deer come to you, then is it really hunting? Go scout out a good ambush point, have a seat and enjoy the experience...

lol

cha ching!!

winner,winner..back strap dinner

Bottom Hunter said:
if the deer come to you, then is it really hunting? Go scout out a good ambush point, have a seat and enjoy the experience...

lol

Ive never put out anything my entire life of hunting for any animal to eat (minerals included). I have shot a couple dozen deer by sitting in a treestand at a good trail, scrape, etc.. and I have often asked myself if this is really hunting.... or just sitting and shooting animals that pass by?.?.? This year I have spent lots of time and money on trail cams, scouting, minerals, etc. and I have been HUNTING for a deer I want to kill.... well I found one I want to shoot but I am wondering if the pressure picks up on the public land im hunting, the deer stop using the trophy rock and you have to have any bait picked up 10 days before you hunt (lets say a pile of corn to make a point) then what will keep that deer that I have been "hunting" coming to my "hunting" spot? I was just thinking about trying to fill that 10 day gap with something legal to attract the animal with since my "pile of corn" will be picked up... I havent formed my full opinion on what im doing, and probably wont know how i feel untill after I kill the deer im hunting, but I do feel like I have already done more "hunting" for this specific deer then any other I have ever killed... anyways Id love to hear opinions on this...

to me and this is just my opinion....hunting is determining a deer's daily or maybe weekly path and ambushing him there. Drawing deer to you via bait is more trying to change a deer's natural travel patterns...and that is not hunting in it's purest form...imo.

hunting crop fields is not the same because most deer travel to and from these crop fields daily from year to year and that is a part of their pattern, and they may indeed come to it from any direction and feed at any and all locations in the field, where a bait pile draws a deer out of it's natural travel pattern and to a SPECIFIC location....

Now I would have far less problem with bait if you had enough corn to spread it over a 50 acre field and not in one pile in site of your stand/.....at least then you would have to try to figure out where the deer was actually going to come out.

again, jmo.

gondo said:
Bottom Hunter said:

lol

Ive never put out anything my entire life of hunting for any animal to eat (minerals included). I have shot a couple dozen deer by sitting in a treestand at a good trail, scrape, etc.. and I have often asked myself if this is really hunting.... or just sitting and shooting animals that pass by?.?.? This year I have spent lots of time and money on trail cams, scouting, minerals, etc. and I have been HUNTING for a deer I want to kill.... well I found one I want to shoot but I am wondering if the pressure picks up on the public land im hunting, the deer stop using the trophy rock and you have to have any bait picked up 10 days before you hunt (lets say a pile of corn to make a point) then what will keep that deer that I have been "hunting" coming to my "hunting" spot? I was just thinking about trying to fill that 10 day gap with something legal to attract the animal with since my "pile of corn" will be picked up... I havent formed my full opinion on what im doing, and probably wont know how i feel untill after I kill the deer im hunting, but I do feel like I have already done more "hunting" for this specific deer then any other I have ever killed... anyways Id love to hear opinions on this...
wITHOUT getting into the "bait debate",I would not put much faith in mineral licks,TR ,etc.They mostly quit using them by fall.

Latest posts

Back