• Help Support TNDeer:

What did you do today in the reloading room?

A little black spray paint on the handle to match the knob and that sucker will look just fine!

I went with camerfladge on my Axis II tactiturd

Attachments

• IMG_3777.webp
    IMG_3777.webp
    130.5 KB · Views: 1
Just picked up a new to me 1957 Marlin 336 in 35 rem. Been loading for my other 35 for years but down to 1.5lbs of leverevolution powder for it. So I ordered 4 more lbs of lvr powder and 100 pieces of hornady brass. Time to work up a load for this rifle. Have about 400 200gr FTX and 200 180 gr Speer flat point. Best part of a new rifle is finding the load.

Success with IMR7828 not short cut, Fed 215M, 180 Partitions. Rifle has lot of room in the chamber so COAL is so long won't fit in the mag. I have one in the chamber another on top of mag and it chambers normally but have never needed it.

Best of success!!
This one was chambered using my custom reamer. Berger 215's w/ N570 at 3.750" should yield ~3030-3050 fps accuracy node.

N570 is on my list to try when the price gets lower if that ever happens. Makes 7828 look fast
Here ya go, best price around.

I went to the range for a quick speed test on a new lot of powder. The new lot of VV N150 seemed to be quite a bit faster than my old powder. I had loaded a few rounds up and shot them as sighters at my last match. The same powder charge was 18 fps faster for 3 rounds. So I loaded up more rounds in .10 increments and was surprised that the new lot had slowed some. I only needed to reduce my load by .10 instead of the .3 I was thinking.
The only reason I can imagine is that I opened the new jug fresh and poured right off the top for the first rounds. Maybe powder is like fine wine, it needs to breathe.

Not the reloading room per say, but I did find a way to make the bolt on my Salvage AxisII suck slightly less.

I bought a $15 knob from eBay, gassed up my 4" cutter and my bench grinder, then ran a 5/16x24 die over it. It feels like a little poopie turd instead of a big giant turd now.
I made a handle something like that for a friend at work. Yours looks better than a little poopie turd. :p

Zeroed a few today

243win with 80gmx at 2900fps

358win with 180gr Barnes at 2720fps and 200gr Hornady at 2510fps

The 358 wakes up and chooses violence every day.

Ordered a couple box's of 190 sub X's to try in a Savage Axis2 300blk. Trying to figure out which powders to try. I've had good luck with Accurate #9 with 220 Berrys ,so probably start there. Different forums also show people having luck with w231/hp38 and Unique as well.

Latest posts

Back