• Help Support TNDeer:

what is the best slate call for the money?

i have the jackpot glass it has a crack in it and dosnet sound near the same had a freek glass and it wont even make a sound any more both were good glass call while they lasted.

If I had only one to buy one it would be an Aluminum Call made by either Woodhaven or Darrin Dawkins, nothing in this world is deadlier then aluminum and as durable.

woodhaven glass (non NWTF versions) are SWEET!

Purple Haze makes a very nice slate as well.

all the rest of mine are custom made so cannot comment on the factory calls.

I actually do still own an old Ol Yeller and it is actually a decent call.

outbackhunter2010 said:
there has been 14 meet their maker in the last two seasons due to the slate jackpot by primos :grin:

Ill second that. Well maybe not 14 but the JP sounds good.:laugh:

Go to OldGobbler.com and find a good custom call maker and you will have a call that you will value for many years to come.

I picked up a roberts brothers call. It has glass on one side and slate on the back. Came with a wood stiker and an aluminum one. This was my first season with it and I lost it Saturday afternoon. Going back this weekend to look for it. Best sounding one I have heard.

bought A primos Ol'Glory to day with frictionite sounds great but wasnt impressed with the striker.But i have extra strikers

Best production inexpensive friction call is the Primos Power Crystal. My favorite slate call is the one from Southland Game Calls - they're pretty much a Woodhaven knock-off for much less $$. For a custom call you can't beat Lightsout Calls honey pot slate calls in an exotic wood.

If you can locate Chad Helms in Paducah, Kentucky, he makes an outstanding friction call in sound and appearance. If you talk to him ask about his Curly Sapele, slate over crystal call. I have killed many gobblers with it.

Latest posts

Back