• Help Support TNDeer:

Which electric fillet knife?

I like the Rapala's that you can buy at Wal-Mart.
Alot of people don't like them because the handle is bigger than most. That is why I do like it.
Kinda pricey at $40.00 but I love them.
I finally burned my first one up a couple years ago and got another one immediately.

I looked at those a few minutes ago. Pricey compared to the non electric 2.89 ozark trail ones I've been using that have stayed sharp for about 100 fish. Are there any advantages to the higher priced rapala ones that are not battery operated?

2in1shot":od44e4v2 said:
I looked at those a few minutes ago. Pricey compared to the non electric 2.89 ozark trail ones I've been using that have stayed sharp for about 100 fish. Are there any advantages to the higher priced rapala ones that are not battery operated?

Yes, they make skinning fish a breeze as well as decreasing the amount of time it takes to fillet a fish. In the last 35 years I literally filleted 1000's of salmon, halibut, catfish, brim, etc with the old fashioned single edge razor sharp fillet knife. After using my electric plug in knife (not a rapala) once never used the old blade again.

My knife is the Mr Twister version, cost me $15 on sale a couple of years ago.

I have the blue american angler with shark blades,i love it.Not sure if they make it anymore though the blue one.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Rapala guy here too. I've filleted many a fish with one and never had any issues as long as my blades are sharp. Will buy another when my current one finally gives up.

I currently have a Rapala as well. They do the job and replacement blades are easy to pick up locally. The trigger on every Rapala I have had sticks in the on position. It's not a big deal but kinda annoying at times. They will burn up/overheat when you push them really hard.

Latest posts

Back