• Help Support TNDeer:

Which of these ladder stands.....

Man, I dont think I could ever buy a permanent stand at that price. I get the ones at Richard's for no more than $130 and they work great. Heck, I bought my dad a really nice 16 foot 2 man ladder stand for $100 last year.

I spent that money one time and it was for a Summit climber. A stand that I uses very often.

But if I had the money, I'd go with the Olman. More room for your feet and the chill pad capability.

....those are not the price I'd be paying.

I like the lighter wait of the gorilla but that seat doesn't looke like it would last and would be more expensive to replace....and it looks tricky for a bow shot.

Of those two, I would prefer the Olman. If you don't take it down at the end of the season, be ready to replace the mesh seat in a couple of years.

Unless you are getting a heck of a clearance deal, I bet you could get two of the SG double rail stands for the price of the Olman. And, from the design, I think the SG would be equally comfortable.

Check out sportsman's guide. I believe you can save a pile of money on a stand that really is a nice stand than either of those.

I really like stands which the foot platform extends all the way to the tree and you ratchet it around the tree as well. More solid, safer, and you can lay rain gear, backpack, etc. under your seat.

I have several stands from SG unless I could beat their price I would not consider either one. And like pastorbmp I will only buy stands where the foot rest goes back aginst the tree.

JCDEERMAN said:
Man, I dont think I could ever buy a permanent stand at that price. I get the ones at Richard's for no more than $130 and they work great. Heck, I bought my dad a really nice 16 foot 2 man ladder stand for $100 last year.

I spent that money one time and it was for a Summit climber. A stand that I uses very often.

But if I had the money, I'd go with the Olman. More room for your feet and the chill pad capability.

Go with the dicks models and pocket the cash...... :)

camoman270 said:
JCDEERMAN said:

Go with the dicks models and pocket the cash...... :)

YUP!

I have the Gorilla been up for 3 seasons and it still looks great. It has the best seat I have ever sat in on a stand...The platform is on cables so it does move a little but all in all its my best stand yet....and Gorillas customer service is one of the best also...

Latest posts

Back