• Help Support TNDeer:

Who shoots barebow?

Cause of target panic I shot compound barebow 100% of the time ,both tournaments and hunting. Once you get it it's deadly, you can forget about yardage, can/can't see a sight pin, release aids etc. Ole Tim has it down to a T.

Most everyone at some point has target panic. It is only normal to react to a violent energy transfer up in your face. With that said it is completely curable if you can get control over your mind.

I started out as a kid with a recurve shooting instinctive. For years I've been saying I was going to get another one and start shooting it.
I have the target panic type that keeps the pin below the target.

Cause of target panic I shot compound barebow 100% of the time ,both tournaments and hunting. Once you get it it's deadly, you can forget about yardage, can/can't see a sight pin, release aids etc. Ole Tim has it down to a T.

While I have always loved Tim's content I talked to a few people that had allowed him to hunt their property and they allowed that they found random arrows everywhere he had missed / wounded a bunch of animals

Is it 100% true? Who knows this was several years ago but he does see to be a really good shot

Most everyone at some point has target panic. It is only normal to react to a violent energy transfer up in your face. With that said it is completely curable if you can get control over your mind.
Aw , that was 35 years ago, it don't bother me anymore.
When I shot local club tournaments there wasn't many in barebow and I'd sign up with the bow hunter finger group that shot sights and fingers. Id finish in the middle of the pack most times.
The guy who taught me had me shoot at 20 yds over and over, hundreds of arrows till I got it and knew what 20 yds " looked" like then he showed me a bow with 4 pins , 10,20,30 and 50 and said that's how much you hold under for 10 and over for 30and 50. You put your 20 yd "look" a little low at 10 and a little high at 30, higher still at 50 and never take your focus off the target. It was a lot of fun shooting barebow, I never got bored with it.

Last edited:
I did it way back when I first started using compounds. I remember when I first used sights and mechanical release. It felt like cheating. Now days I wouldn't even try it. My current bow would rip my fingertips off lol

Latest posts

Back