• Help Support TNDeer:

Whooo hoooooo

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Headed to the Caney with a buddy of mine this coming weekend!!!

I am PUMPED !!!!

Can't wait to feel that cold water and feel that first strike. :D

Haven't fished there in almost 2 years now.
I can't wait.

Hope y'all catch a bunch. Where are you dropping in? I haven't made it there this year.

TNReb":3qfwp2mq said:
Hope y'all catch a bunch. Where are you dropping in? I haven't made it there this year.

When they aren't generating we will put in at Happy Hollow and wade upstream.
When they start generating we will put the boat in at the dam and go downstream.

It will be my first time in a boat on the Caney and my first time driving my boat on a river.
I ain't crazy about it but we are meeting another guy up there that only fishes when they generate and he says that is when you catch the big ones.

I would rather wade myself.

Pinwheeled":37tz27h6 said:
Good luck. Caney has been on fire this year.

That's what I have been hearing. :D
Hope it's still on.
I wanted to go this weekend.
If I had known we weren't gonna get drawn for a blind we would have.

RUGER":s7muljfb said:
TNReb":s7muljfb said:
When they aren't generating we will put in at Happy Hollow and wade upstream.
When they start generating we will put the boat in at the dam and go downstream.

It will be my first time in a boat on the Caney and my first time driving my boat on a river.
I ain't crazy about it but we are meeting another guy up there that only fishes when they generate and he says that is when you catch the big ones.

I would rather wade myself.

I've only fished it 3 times, but they definitely were biting better for us when they were generating. I just have a 10ft plastic boat with a 55lb trolling motor, and the boat can barely move upstream when they're generating. It basically just stays in place.

Random/funny story...

REN and I were fishing one day and we spot a kayak paddle on the bottom of the river. It looks about 3ft deep (to me) and they had just started generating. I decide that I'm going to get that sucker. I turn the boat around and it takes me a few minutes to make my way back up to it. By now the current is really moving and the water is rising quickly. I tell REN to grab the motor and I'm going to jump in. So... I jump and quickly discover it's not waist deep. It's up to my neck (at least) and I get swept away. I make an attempt to diver under, but I don't even come close to grabbing the paddle.

I get back over to the boat, and try to climb back in. I lose a shoe. It's gone. I grab the shaft of the trolling motor (like an idiot) and the trolling motor nearly comes off. It's running full speed and starts smacking the boat. I finally get back in and REN thinks I should give up. Hell no. We slowly make our way back up stream and get a little above the paddle. I jump in an quickly dove down. I grab the paddle. It wouldn't budge. It was like it was stuck in cement. I finally get back up in the boat, minus a shoe. We look up and see an old man on the hill watching us. Couldn't help but wonder if he sank that paddle just to watch people try to get it.

Did I mention that water is COLD?

RUGER":3tg883zm said:

He ain't lyin [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, I was there every weekend for a while till I got back into Normandy. I'll be back on the caney again before deer season I'm sure. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back