• Help Support TNDeer:

Why I shoot the Magnus broadheads

CharlieTN

I started shooting Magnus broad heads a couple of years ago. I'm not sponsored or anything like that. After lots of research I just came to the conclusion that for the money they were really hard to beat. American made, lifetime warranty, and a price that's hard to beat.

Recently when getting my arrows ready for the season I missed the target and buried one of the 100gr Stingers into the ground bending the blade. Sent an e-mail to Magnus with a picture and they sent a complete replacement head, not just the blades.

I've shot both the Black Hornet Serrazors and the Stingers in 100 gr and love them both. Both are easy to get to hit with my field points and do a good job on the game.

Anyway, just had a great interaction with the company so I wanted to brag a little bit.
IMG_3370.webp
IMG_3369.webp

Here's some pics of the damaged head. Totally my fault but they still warranted it.

Not a fan, everytime i shot one the blades bent either on bone or exit in the dirt, granted there a great company and will replace them. Tooth of the arrow i pull it out the dirt and still good as new just a little 30 seconds on the stone and good to go

I killed 2 bucks with em back in 2018. I had them shaving sharp and they slipped through those bucks like butter…I actually think because they were so sharp and passed through the deer so effortlessly the bucks reaction seemed to be calmer after being shot. Good heads IMO
100%....a scary sharp broadhead does just that.

I had 2 does browsing within 5 yards of my tree a few years ago...I decided to shoot one....I shot one, she flinched like she had been stung by a bee and then just stood there until she started wobbling and fell over dead....the other doe just kept browsing like nothing had happened...if I'd have been as blood-thirsty as I was in my youth, I'd have shot her too!

Agree with the OP on these broadheads they are good. Have used the Stringers with great success. As stated by others they are easy to sharpen. However, last year I swapped over to a 3 blade head the Grim Reaper Pro Series Micro Hades blade. They fly very well, and the ferrules are stainless steel and very tuff and made in the USA also. They are not "no questions asked" lifetime guaranteed like the Magnus though.

Back