• Help Support TNDeer:

Williamsport WMA Lakes

MidTN":19hqc076 said:
Anybody fish any of the lakes at Williamsport? Never fished there and wanting information on each lake.

Let me see if I can hit some bullet points and that will probably bring up more questions.

Bluecat and Shellcracker are the two lakes that you will be primarily interested in fishing. Goldeneye does have fish but it is very small, really just a large pond. Whipporwill is the kids' lake.

The pressure is heavy, but the lakes are well-managed and well-stocked.

No outboards are allowed. It's okay to have a motor mounted, but you can't use it. A jon boat with trolling motor, canoe, or kayak all work well. Bank fishing can be productive.

Primary fish are largemouth, bream, and catfish. There are also Cherokee bass and crappie.

Boats can be rented. There is a good bait/snack shop.

Easy access and parking.

They are fantastic lakes to fish. I don't think the pressure is too bad and it's a really nice area. The lakes have a lot of large bass. They can be difficult to fish and I'm not sure why but that place has humbled many anglers. It's not as much of a surprise to catch a 20" bass in there as it would be to catch one on Percy Priest, I"ll put it that way. Several double digit bass have come out of there too. I like to fish there especially because I'm a kayak angler and no gas motors are allowed to run. You can put a boat in that has an outboard but you're only allowed to use the trolling motor. Nice and peaceful and I don't have to worry about bass boats blasting past me at 70mph with little regard for me as happens often on the bigger lakes. I've been once this year and was skunked, I blame the 43 degree water. I plan to fish there at least a dozen times this year.

we've had good success on Bluecat drift fishing turkey livers (available at Williamsport bait shop). let the wind take you and get your bait behind you. good cats and hybrids to be caught.

I will be trying to fish for the staging female largemouth soon, I have not had much luck out there myself, the fishing can be tough. Lots of people fish there

Sent from the talk of tap

Latest posts

Back