• Help Support TNDeer:

wrong night for fishing

TNReb

Last night was NOT the night to go fishing!

My buddy sent me a text around 4:30 and asked I wanted to go give it a shot. I didn't figure we'd catch anything, but wanted to get out for a while.

About the time we got the boat hooked up, the fog rolled in. It wasn't TOO bad on the way to the lake, but by the time we dumped the boat in the water it was bad. We had about 10 yards visibility. Our headlamps and spot light just made it worse. It was too dangerous to run anywhere, so we just had to troll around in the cove near the boat ramp. Fished 2.5 hours and never had a bite.

worst fog I've ever been in.

Lake Oconee in Georgia. We were duck hunting and if you been on the lake, you know it has full standing timber forests in the main channel in 20 ft of water. about 2 ft visibility in front of the boat. We had a gps and we avoided the first 2 sets of trees, but the third one got us. I honestly looked at my buddy and told him those trees should be just right there, he said I know and wham, boat rubs against a tree and into another we went. We got stuck on top of a tree in 20 ft of water.

HAd to use a rope to lasso another tree and then flood the black to get it to pop off. NO FUN!

Fog on a lake scares me bad. I'm idle only no matter how far I've got to go.

Fog is no fun. But GPS and headlights on your boat is a wonderful thing. Helped me get back to the ramp safely many many times. Before it was available, don't know how I ever got by without it.

Latest posts

Back