WY Draw Results… what’d ya get?

AT Hiker

No dice for me. My wife drew deer/pronghorn.
A resident that I've recently became aquianted with drew a good bull tag in the SE portion of the Red Desert. He has been putting in for it for 11 years. One of the overlapping units allows him to hunt until mid Dec. He said he will have 60 days to rifle hunt for a bull! Hopefully I can join him if he is still hunting late season, hunting herded up bulls could be fun/tough.

Point creep was insane for some of the units this year. Anxious to read odds report.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
No dice for me. My wife drew deer/pronghorn.
A resident that I've recently became aquianted with drew a good bull tag in the SE portion of the Red Desert. He has been putting in for it for 11 years. One of the overlapping units allows him to hunt until mid Dec. He said he will have 60 days to rifle hunt for a bull! Hopefully I can join him if he is still hunting late season, hunting herded up bulls could be fun/tough.

Point creep was insane for some of the units this year. Anxious to read odds report.
Likewise. I want to see those reports. Really shocked that I drew a deer tag, and I'm guessing that it was in the random

AT Hiker

Stats are posted for antelope now. EGADS!!! Point creep is more of an explosion now
In regular draw, the deer unit I put in for jumped 4 points and the loper unit I hunted last year jumped 3.5 points.

It's terrible and I honestly have no clue what the future holds. The units I'm following aren't even top tier units either. A decade ago you could draw them with 2-3 points now they are double digits.

#screwyoutube #wedontneedmorehunters

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
The pronghorn unit that I have hunted jumped two points, and it's not even close to a premier unit. My rate of points growth is being outstripped by the rate of points creep

I got lucky and drew a deer tag with a 25% chance, but at this rate it may be my last chance to hunt it again for long a while.

Joe2Kool

This is first year of price increases for all special and elk
That could've had something to do with the big point creeps. We did the Special last year to avoid the price hike. The price increase could have pushed people from the special to the regular. But then again, any unsold special tags go into the regular draw. Who knows? Probably take a few draws to sort out what is "normal."

Good luck to those that drew. Kill a big 'un and post some pics!

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
That could've had something to do with the big point creeps. We did the Special last year to avoid the price hike. The price increase could have pushed people from the special to the regular. But then again, any unsold special tags go into the regular draw. Who knows? Probably take a few draws to sort out what is "normal."

Good luck to those that drew. Kill a big 'un and post some pics!
I'm sure that the price increases had a lot to do with it, and I was kind of expecting it. Some areas even went up on the special, though. One theory that I've heard is that many people are deciding to just go ahead and push all of their chips in, use their points to get drawn, and then get out of it… but we won't see if that is just wishful thinking for another couple of years.

Appreciate the well wishes. My son and I will have fun either way

Westnvol89

Barely missed out on first choice but drew antelope unit 34 as second choice. Any chance anyone has any intel? If so please pm me

Redfox

I caint offer any help on 34 (or 50) but I would advise getting rolling on finding a spot to hunt. Check out those HMAs/etc and get in any applications that maybe required. I have learned that success in more difficult to access units is proportional to the effort.

We drew a few doe antelope tags to go with our elk. Unfortunately the elk season opens first

Latest posts