• Help Support TNDeer:

Wyoming Merriam turkey is home

Turkeychaser

I picked up my Merriam from John Beard a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad to have him back. It was a memorable trip for my Wife and I.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626-152635_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626-152635_Gallery.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 18
Yes, they have a 7000 acre ranch leased and a few other spots. One spot real close to devils tower too. I recommend them for a Merriam turkey.
I was with Triple J. I had a good guide and the accomodations were good. I went around the 6th of May. Weather wasn't great 2 of the 3 days. The outfitter allowed 18 hunters that week as opposed to 10 or 12 usually. I felt like we were a little confined and hunted the same couple of birds a lot. The last morning, we had a tom strutting and gobbling about 55 yards. I was up against a big evergreen tree and heard something behind me. I eased my head around and it was 2 hunters trying to slip in on this bird and they had no clue I was there. I knew I might ruin the hunt, but I said 'HEY' and they nearly jumped out of their boots and high tailed it out of there. Needless to say, I didn't get the bird. Likewise, there were times when I could see Devil's Tower. Glad you had a good hunt.

I was with Triple J. I had a good guide and the accomodations were good. I went around the 6th of May. Weather wasn't great 2 of the 3 days. The outfitter allowed 18 hunters that week as opposed to 10 or 12 usually. I felt like we were a little confined and hunted the same couple of birds a lot. The last morning, we had a tom strutting and gobbling about 55 yards. I was up against a big evergreen tree and heard something behind me. I eased my head around and it was 2 hunters trying to slip in on this bird and they had no clue I was there. I knew I might ruin the hunt, but I said 'HEY' and they nearly jumped out of their boots and high tailed it out of there. Needless to say, I didn't get the bird. Likewise, there were times when I could see Devil's Tower. Glad you had a good hunt.
My hunt was April 24th and 25th in 2023. We had good weather most of the time. There was only two other hunters there. I hate you didn't have a good hunt. I know its not cheap making it happen.

Back