X-Stand The Apollo Ladderstand

SKFOOTER

Does anyone have any reviews on this stand. I just saw it today.
8911c7bafe610c9959d9d2f9e6b7878c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLBLman

SKFOOTER":zqaqfhr2 said:
Today was the first time I've seen one. And I too am concerned about it's steadiness.
I have not tried one out, but believe it would be steady enough.

If secured much like I might secure a hang-on stand (with at least 1 ratchet strap)
it should be ok.

My greater concern would be climbing that stick.
Being that far from the tree, it's very easy to "swing around" behind it,
and very hard to maintain your hold when it happens.
You will most likely take a fall when this happens.
For similar reasons, I don't like the narrow ladders on many ladder stands today.

Mike Belt

I have a single pole ladder stand I bought years ago similar to that except mine you can entirely hang it and never get off the ground. What mine has that that one doesn't and something I might add is a brace bar on the main pole. It's basically a swing bar attached to the pole about 5 feet off the ground that has a "V" on the other end that snugs up against the tree. Once you put the stand up you push it up against the tree and secure it tightly with a rope. This gives it a little more stability.

TheLBLman

Methinks the paid internet political influencers have realized they are much more obvious when they only or mainly post in the political forums?

That said, my apologies if the post bringing back this thread was legit as implied.

Last edited:

Zulu

Seeing lots of random people these days that brings random posts back from the dead. This person probably won't post again for months. Might be from Russia instead of Cali
I don't think it's an actual person. Look at the wording of the post. It doesn't ever refer to the treestand; it could be for anything. I suspect this is some kind of 'bot that creates a false identity and scans for generic posts it can reply to. Probably with the intent of building up a presence of this site for later uses (either political or commercial).

I DO like the avatar, though. :cool:

Latest posts