• Help Support TNDeer:

Yakk fishing

Simpleman.2

Some of you guys may not be too familiar with kayak fishing but me and my brother have taken up the hobby this year. We've fished in Yakks for several years, but just now started competing this season in tournaments. We've bass fished all our lives and grew up fishing off banks for many years. It wasn't until about 6 years ago when we bought a bass boat and started fishing out of it. We almost exclusively fish out of our kayaks now and honestly enjoy it more. If anyone has any questions about yakk fishing feel free to pm me with any questions. There's tons of events every weekend all across the state and several clubs.
...With that being said, here's a couple fish me and my brother have managed to catch over the past couple of weeks on chickamauga. The biggest one my brother caught went 8-13. Two days ago he had a 10+ come off at the boat and I had one close to seven pull loose...Thats why they call it fishing and not catching I guess. All in all we've had some solid days on the water the past few weeks and have managed to place in 3 of our last club tournaments and taken first in two. I was also lucky enough to qualify last weekend for the National championship and a chance to win $100,000. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going and continue to do good.
ef6f143d2140ba51799f096308762662.jpg
e3cfac2f40b64f5c74da8976817d5bd8.jpg
164089fa00ef02602093af7458072d29.jpg
e87b0e4bf728e3f414e739092b852a5c.jpg
f488aae4c7b4af5b65861ec08e4b71bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Yakk fishing

I have a video of the release of the 8-13 If someone could post it for me. It throws up an error code when I try to post it for some reason.

Great pics and some big bass too. I love fishing from my kayak or tin boat or from the bank, whatever I feel like doing on any day. I'm on the lake now with both boats and fishing from camp too. I don't care much for tournaments myself. But I hope y'all do well, good luck.

that's some nice bass congrats to you both.hope you all win the tournament keep us posted.

Yakk fishing

tree_ghost":19hmlit2 said:
Did I see you fishing in Harrison Bay yesterday?

No I was at a different spot out on the lake practicing for an upcoming tournament but I do fish Harrison a lot. I was out there earlier in the week actually. There's a lot of good fish in there.

Yakk fishing

catman529":37w4tz96 said:
Great pics and some big bass too. I love fishing from my kayak or tin boat or from the bank, whatever I feel like doing on any day. I'm on the lake now with both boats and fishing from camp too. I don't care much for tournaments myself. But I hope y'all do well, good luck.

Thanks Cat. It's definitely a lot of fun.

DRSJ35":2hs6berz said:
that's some nice bass congrats to you both.hope you all win the tournament keep us posted.

Thanks. I'll definitely try to post some updates when I get a chance.

Been wanting a yak for a while now, just haven't done it.
Very cool and awesome fish!
Hope you win it all man.

That is awesome! I have been kayaking before, but never kayaking fishing. I'd love to try it someday, I definitely want to get a kayak someday. Good luck in the tournament!

Yakk fishing

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely blessed to live so close to a big bass factory like chickamauga... it's kind of funny all the East TN guys are jealous of the Middle/West TN's hunting and all the guys in middle TN swarm here to fish and Bear hunt lol......the National championship isn't till next March on Kentucky lake so I've got a while. But I'll keep everyone posted on all the local club events and KBF open events I fish it.

moondawg":397o8ajd said:
That is awesome! I have been kayaking before, but never kayaking fishing. I'd love to try it someday, I definitely want to get a kayak someday. Good luck in the tournament!

Its definitely a lot of fun. You should try it out. It's crazy how fast kayak fishing is growing. I've met a lot of cool guys so far and I look forward to meeting a lot more.

My wife and I both got a kayak this past Christmas. She got a Jackson Kilroy for me and I'm loving it. We went to Kelly lake in Standing Stone park this past Saturday. I caught some nice bluegills and shellcrackers. Wife likes to just paddle and see the wildlife. We watched a heron stalk, catch and eat its lunch from about 15 yards away. We had a great day with a fine meal at the end of it. Nothin like fishing from a kayak!

Latest posts

Back