• Help Support TNDeer:

Yamaha mechanic??

TRIGGER

I have a 07 225 4 stroke that is getting high on hours. Don't know exactly how many but over 1000 for sure. I have never done anything to the motor besides normal service. I believe it's time to go through it but I don't trust anyone around here. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm near Clarksville but Nashville is probably where I will have to go.

If you are wanting to use it in the near future, you may want to wait a while to take it in. I have a Yamaha motor that was finally worked on this week after being at the boat doc for almost a month. This year has seen the highest boat and motor sales on record, and everyone is weeks behind.

Pilchard":1m3l77on said:
It's probably time for VST filter and getting the injectors cleaned. Both are recommended at 500 hours
Valves are supposed to be adjusted as well at 1000 hrs. I know it's overdue but the next tournament is always a week or two away. Our last tournament is sept 12th so I'm looking to get it somewhere after that I'm just not sure where. I don't want just anyone tearing into it.

Beech lake marine in Lexington has always treated me great. They do good work and if they tell you it needs something you can trust it needs it. They aren't the cheapest in the world but being able to trust them makes it worth it and worth the drive for you.

If you are handy at all most of the stuff is pretty easy. Your owners manual has the service intervals. Get a service manual. YouTube has most everything covered. There are some Yamaha experts on Bass Boat Central and The Hull Truth that are glad to answer questions. Some things you still might want to take it to a shop/dealer, but I wouldn't pay $100+/hour to have someone do something as simple as a VST filter or lower unit fluid change. If you find a great shop let us know. I'm glad to hear about Beech Lake Marine in case I ever need someone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tnanh":239s6n5i said:
Beech lake marine in Lexington has always treated me great. They do good work and if they tell you it needs something you can trust it needs it. They aren't the cheapest in the world but being able to trust them makes it worth it and worth the drive for you.
I agree,beech lake,you can definately trust them

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

bluball":2ktal6hy said:
tnanh":2ktal6hy said:
I agree,beech lake,you can definately trust them

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
This is great news if I ever need a tech! Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sll":is9fp40n said:
You have gotten great reliability out of that motor for sure. Good testament to Yamaha...
We absolutely punish Yamaha 250s and 300s at work on the MS River. We suck up sand, hit riprap, and get them hot from time to time, whatever it takes to get the mission done. With that said, most of them last 3,000 - 4,000 hours before we replace them. We do stay on top of routine maintenance, but we use them and don't baby them. If I were buying an outboard today, Yamaha would be at the top of the list.

My duck hunting buddies have had similar luck out of the 40-90 horsepower Yamaha outboards. They run them hard Dec/Jan and all love them.

Latest posts

Back