• Help Support TNDeer:

Yanahli boat access

Joe4majors

Hey guys,

I'm up here this weekend taking my son on the youth deer hunt on Yanahli. Last year he got a couple, but we're still not very familiar with the area (drove up from Alabama). We also happened to pick up a 14 foot jon boat within the last year for $1 and have been getting it seaworthy. Anyways, thought about bringing it up here next year for another option for public land access. I want to use a little time this trip to see if that's feasible next year. We got into town a little after 5:30 this evening and stopped and looked at the boat ramp where Fred White Road crosses the Duck river. The last 50 feet of the ramp was slippery as goose poop and the water was running fast. My question is, how good of an idea do I have going on here? Is the river manageable for a rookie boater? Should I check out a different ramp? I had hoped to talk to someone at the ramp, but it was a ghost town.

There is no way that being on the Duck River in a 14' jon boat after all the rain we have had this week would be safe.
Well, no. I suppose I should say what would things be like in more normal conditions? It's unlikely that remnants of a tropical system would have just passed by next year.

Latest posts

Back