• Help Support TNDeer:

Youth Hunters

Still hunting. But only gun season.

Funny thing is, once she hit about 17, I told her she was experienced enough to hunt on her own. She didn't like that. I guess one of the reasons she likes to hunt is simply to have "quality time" with her dad. I told her I would be happy to continue to hunt with her. So, she's 23 and we still hunt side by side. Although more often than not, we're in a Sportsmans Condo instead of a ladder stand.

Last year's kill from a Sportsman's Condo:
This sounds familiar to my 18yo daughter's mentality. She has no desire to hunt alone. Goes out for the time with dad, a little bit of the thrill of seeing animals, and providing a little meat for the freezer… about one or two trips per year

This sounds familiar to my 18yo daughter's mentality. She has no desire to hunt alone. Goes out for the time with dad, a little bit of the thrill of seeing animals, and providing a little meat for the freezer… about one or two trips per year
Exactly EastTNHunter. Basicallly, because the entire family will be at hunting camp for Thanksgiving, she hunts during that time, and that's it for the year. It has become more of a tradition than anything else. Bu most years, she kills a nice 2 1/2+ year-old buck, and that makes her (and me) very happy.

Funny thing is, once she hit about 17, I told her she was experienced enough to hunt on her own. She didn't like that. I guess one of the reasons she likes to hunt is simply to have "quality time" with her dad. I told her I would be happy to continue to hunt with her. So, she's 23 and we still hunt side by side. Although more often than not, we're in a Sportsmans Condo instead of a ladder stand.

That's exactly what my daughter says. She could care less about hunting by herself. I just like having her there. It's a blessing. Here's her deer pic from last year. And yes, from a shooting house.

Attachments

• IMG_4194.webp
    IMG_4194.webp
    254.1 KB · Views: 1
My whole deer season is "youth season". We always sit in a two man ladder stand. He had the gun and for a while I had one as well, but then I quit and started only carrying binos. He could hunt on his own, but like what has been said, he always wanted us to hunt together.

I love seeing all the pictures of lady hunters. I'm a lady around your daughter's age and I still love going hunting after my Dad and Grandpa got me into it.
Memories for life.
That's a good buck she shot too !

I love seeing all the pictures of lady hunters. I'm a lady around your daughter's age and I still love going hunting after my Dad and Grandpa got me into it.
Memories for life.
That's a good buck she shot too !
Wow, had no idea! Welcome to another lady hunter on TNdeer!

I knew my daughter finally "had it" when we were hunting together, down in a valley in a two-person ladder, when we heard a deer coming down a ridge in front of us. It was absolute dark-thirty, and all I could see was a big body in the lowering darkness. I felt the stand shift, looked over and she was standing, leaning out over the railing, gun up, and "Boom!" She never said a word. Never asked for any advice. Just identified the target and made a crazy difficult shot in near darkness through heavy woods. Honestly, I would have been tested with that shot. Her best buck to date: a 4 1/2 year-old 9-point that grossed a hair shy of 120.

Attachments

• 2020Ruby1.webp
    2020Ruby1.webp
    170.6 KB · Views: 1
Wow, had no idea! Welcome to another lady hunter on TNdeer!

I knew my daughter finally "had it" when we were hunting together, down in a valley in a two-person ladder, when we heard a deer coming down a ridge in front of us. It was absolute dark-thirty, and all I could see was a big body in the lowering darkness. I felt the stand shift, looked over and she was standing, leaning out over the railing, gun up, and "Boom!" She never said a word. Never asked for any advice. Just identified the target and made a crazy difficult shot in near darkness through heavy woods. Honestly, I would have been tested with that shot. Her best buck to date: a 4 1/2 year-old 9-point that grossed a hair shy of 120.
Thank you ! I am glad to be here.

Wow what an awesome story and a huge buck to boot. That buck would be a dandy in my woods. You seem like a great dad for getting her out into the outdoors. Taking a good shot in the dark at a giant buck is no easy feat. Thanks for sharing !

Dumb question, but I swear I saw something on Facebook about there being exemptions for the youth hunt....as in are there any places adults are allowed to hunt this weekend? South Cherokee?

My daughter is 23 also, the times goes so fast! She slayed them, now she is married and hasn't been since. Hopefully she will go with me this year

IMG_5889.webp

Awesome pictures Hillbilly Hunter! Thanks for posting them.

Love to see young women involved in hunting. I think women involved in hunting have more influence on the next generation than just "dad" hunting. My mom was a hunter in her youth. My dad has never been and has no interest.

Latest posts

Back