• Help Support TNDeer:

10mm & a Kodiak Bear

I have carried both spray and a 10mm while fishing in the backcountry of Ak. I keep the gun attached to my pack straps for easy removal. Had my hand on it several times this year but never pulled. We saw over 20 close bears during our week. I don't count the ones farther than 75 yds. Many under 50. Spray is my back up or both at the same time

I won a "rocky mountain elf foundation" custom 10mm glock at our RMEF banquet. Don't know whether to carry it/shoot it, or just turn it into a safe-queen and let my kids sell it one day.
Just don't go after those "ELFS". More dangerous than browns. šŸ¤£ Don't you hate autospell? Just kiddin', couldn't pass that one up.

Just don't go after those "ELFS". More dangerous than browns. šŸ¤£ Don't you hate autospell? Just kiddin', couldn't pass that one up.
IMG_20240905_101537.webp

When I lived and tent camped in brown bear country last Sept, I felt very comfortable with my .45 LC topped with 300g hard cast bullets. It went everywhere with me. Take a crap, yup, stayed on my chest.

Even slept with it on my chest at night in the tent.

A big steamy pile of brown bear poop is quite impressive. Somewhat harrowing as well. But I never felt I was underpowered, esp when carrying my rifle plus the 45 colt.

My buddy carried a 460 S&W. We always stayed together, and we never had fewer than 3 firearms on our persons at any time.

When I lived and tent camped in brown bear country last Sept, I felt very comfortable with my .45 LC topped with 300g hard cast bullets. It went everywhere with me. Take a crap, yup, stayed on my chest.

Even slept with it on my chest at night in the tent.

A big steamy pile of brown bear poop is quite impressive. Somewhat harrowing as well. But I never felt I was underpowered, esp when carrying my rifle plus the 45 colt.

My buddy carried a 460 S&W. We always stayed together, and we never had fewer than 3 firearms on our persons at any time.
I agree with you.
The 10mm & .40 cal. being one and the same are excellent firearms and will stop a brown bear usually before it gets to you. That .45 and 460 is definitely a brown bear bear stopper.

On my son's Kodiak hunt I carried a 45-70 (430 grain) and had the Glock 40 (220 grain) as my side arm. We only saw two brown bear and we couldn't get close enough to get a shot off. The unit we were in was thick and it took us just over 3 hours to go a mile bushwhacking. It was a great experience but one I wouldn't do again.

Latest posts

Back